Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I really AM pregnant!!!

OK, I now that title may seem weird, but since I have not had an ultra sound or heard the baby's heart beat, I still was afraid maybe it was a dream. I mean, the test came back positive, right? Well, today I KNOW for sure. I had an appointment with my midwife and Nicole even came along. It was fun having her. We both got to hear the baby's heart beat (150s), and Nicole even got to hold a life size replica of what the baby looks like and how heavy it is. She started sweetly rocking the baby back and forth. It was precious. I think she really liked being there. My midwife said it would be great if she could come to more appointments. Since she's so well behaved, I think I may start to bring her.

So...where I am? I am 13weeks and 2 days. And for those of you who must know, I've gained 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure that's the last time I'll tell you how much I gained, haha. Courtesy of Pregnancy.org, here are some stats on the baby and his/her development (amazing by the way!)

*Your infant is about 2.91 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounce (23gm) - This is about the same weight as 4 quarters.
*If you could peek in again you may spot your baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements
*Eyes and ears continue to move and develop
*Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest
*Her hands are becoming more functional - Your baby may find it comforting to start playing with her fist.
*At this point all nourishment is received from the placenta


Look at those legs and arms...the toes and finger. You can see the eyes, nose and ears (although not in this picture). There's NO denying that is a baby, I don't care who you are.

I think I'll try to do pregnancy posts more. With Nicole, I always knew how far along I was and what the development of the baby was like. With Hannah, I had a hard time keeping track, and with this one, I'm pretty much clueless unless I'm with my midwife. If you all don't mind these types of ultrasound pictures...I think I'll let you know how the baby is developing every once in a while.

Hmmm...I thought I had something else I wanted to blog about, but I don't remember what it was. So, you'll have to wait until next time. Oh, by the way, if you know of anyone that is going to sell their Honda Odyssey minivan (year 05 or higher), let me know. We *may* be interested (more interested in a few months though).
Here's a pic of the girls from a couple weeks ago, just for fun.


3 comments:

grammy said...

Thanks for sharing... it's always a beautiful reminder of the miracle of childbirth and causes us to praise the creator of all life!!
can't wait to meet him/her :)
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are!
What a great day....to see and hear your little #3 on the way!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic of the girls! Excited about your next baby! Yay! : ) Oh, a minivan huh?? Well, Jeremy's giving in to true 'daddyhood' huh? Lol...the Honda Odyssey would be my first pick too...maybe you'll find a great deal?

-Tiffy