Last night I had a few girlfriends over, some have been friends for a long time, and some were pretty new. It was a blast. We cooked a Chicken Curry dinner, each girl brought a couple different ingredients and had a job in the dinner. We had a really yummy and entertaining flowering tea in Valerie's glass tea pot. And we had yummy chocolate fondue for dessert. It was so fun to get to sit and talk with everyone without having to worry about little one's potty breaks, picking up thrown food, wiping spilled milk or kissing boo boo knees (although in all honesty...I love doing each of those things, even potty breaks). But, it's always fun to get away for a few hours and talk with other women. We had a really cool group of women with different interests and concerns which made for fun conversation. It was fun and I'm happy each one could come.
Then, I got the morning off:-) This I did not realize how badly I needed!!! Nicole and Hannah ended up spending the night at Greg & Valerie's. So...I got to sleep in!!! Although I did wake up to put Jeremy's already made lunch in his lunch box and see him off to work. I went back to bed and slept a bit longer (until woken up by a cell phone). Then I laid in bed for about 20 minutes and read. It was delightful! I woke up in the middle of night in need of my own potty break and realized I was HUNGRY!!! I got this crazy idea that I wanted First Watch, but obviously had to wait because they were closed. So...once I got up and going, I called my friend Alison and she went to First Watch with me. We really have only known each other a couple of weeks, so I'm sure she was a bit surprised to watch me take down a HUGE Belgian waffle, a couple of scrambled eggs and a couple pieces of toast, hahaha. I am eating for two right? And breakfast IS the MOST important part of my day, right? Ya, that's what I thought. So...after breakfast I went to Publix excited because I had a zillion coupons to use. I spent $65 and saved over $90. I was pretty happy with that. I even bought a few things without a sale or coupon but they were needed. One day I'm going to go just to buy sale/coupon items and see how I do:-)
Sooooo...all of that to say...I feel refreshed. I am happy and content and so desperately needed a break. I was excited to see the girls when they got home and I think they were even excited to see me:-)
Thank you to my girlfriends for your friendship, support and encouragement. I enjoyed having some over last night. And Thank you to Valerie (and Greg) for watching the girls and giving me a much needed and appreciated break:-)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fabulous mommy break both evening and morning. I always feel like I'm a better mom after times like that!
Post a Comment