Monday, May 4, 2009

Hannah's Birthday, Take 2

We celebrated Hannah's birthday on Wednesday with a family dinner. It just so happened that my Aunt Julie and Uncle George were down for a vacation and flew in that day. So, we had the pleasure of having them join us for birthday dinner. Of course we had Yaya & Papa, Grammy & Gramps, Uncle Justin a & Erica, and the girl's Great-Grandma Mimi. It was a fun evening. Hannah was in good spirits and didn't even cry. She got some fun birthday presents and money to buy books. Here are a few pictures from the night. If you haven't seen the video yet of her eating (or should I say NOT eating) her cake, scroll to the next post and watch it there.



I saw this cupcake cake on the back of a cake box and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not the most artistic person in the world, so I was pretty happy with how it turned out.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart!!! The cake looked so good, wish I was there to have some of it, the kids are adorable. I got a kick out of Hanna's getting into the cake, so very sweet. And looks like your garden is doing very well.Yum!! lots of good things to eat. Hope your feeling well, and your going to have your hands full, but guess you already know that. You have perfect little family, and are so blessed getting to stay home with them. That is a true gift from Jeremy. Papa Sam is doing pretty good. You take care and God's Blessing to each of you. Love you all, Mama Pat

Karen said...

Great pictures!! It was a really fun evening with everyone here, extra treat with Julie, George and MiMi. Your cake was so.......very cute, and YUMMY GOOD!! We are so Blessed with such two beauiful little girls. Love, Mom

Hard to believe Hannah is a year old. what a sweet.....baby!!

Amanda said...

I love the cake! It looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. So cute and colorful. And...I hope everyone gets Maryn gift cards for book stores! I think the book stores have not only good books, but lots of really good toys and learning materials (home schooling stuff, too).

Anonymous said...

Yes, it just so happened we (George & I) flew in the day of Hannah's birthday. It was great to get to share with her brithday celebration. It was great to get and see everyone. Now we are back in chilly, rainy Ohio and I guess Praise God for good air travel, sunny hot weather in Florida and chilly rainy weather in Ohio.

I believe I shocked Valerie and Greg when I asked them, is that your house with the picture in the background of "The Power of Prayer" they could not believe I picked that out in the background. If anyone is interested the new picture posted of Michele, Jeremy, Nicole and Hannah in the background is the picture....look closely. That is one of my favorite Christian pictures.
When I was praying this morning....I really thanked God for him giving you Hannah and Nicole and that the two of you are such awesome parents and teaching then the "word of God". We were both very impressed at how well the girls listen and when they do wrong they are corrected and applogize for it. You both are awesome Godly parents.
Well, we are glad for the time we did get to spend with you all, but sad and already miss everyone. We love you all and may God continue to bless you all in a special way. With Love from Ohio!!!
Aunt Julie