Thursday, November 5, 2009

Being Good Stewards of God's Money

This morning, my friend Teri and I had the opportunity to give a presentation at our local MOPS group on how to "Be a Good Steward of God's Money Through Couponing". I'm pretty sure our presentation was a bit hectic, a little unorganized, probably overwhelming to some, but also helpful to others. We had fun working on our powerpoint together over the past few weeks. Teri is going to upload it to the internet sometime and I'll post a link on here if you want to see.


Here I am....ready to have a baby, haha

It was fun because there were at least 3 ladies there who really don't use coupons and were shocked by some of the information we gave them. Like...stacking store & manufacture coupons on sale or BOGO items. We gave a lot of information in a little bit of time. We hoped to spend more time on some deal scenarios and helpful websites, but we just didn't get there.

Anyway, it was a fun morning. Thanks Teri for asking me to be a part of it. I've enjoyed learning from you over the past year. You keep me excited and inspired to keep saving my family money.

Publix 11/4
Yesterday I went to Publix to pick up a few BOGO items I missed out on during my regular shopping trip (by the way, this week I paid $48.xx for groceries and saved $78.xx...good week for me.

Anyway...Here's what I got.


4 Sour Cream BOGO $.99
used 4 $.55/1 Q FREE
All detergent sale $2.99
used $1/1 Q $1.99
Chicken Broth BOGO $2.46
used 2 $1/1 Q $.23 each
2 Wonka Candy sale $2 each
used 2 $1/1 Q $1.00 each
Pampers diapers sale $8.99
stacked Target $3/1 and
manfact. $1.50/1 $4.49
Turkey Breast (my mom needed it and I didn't have a coupon! ACK!!)
$4.66

Total $14.37 (less than $10 without the turkey meat)
Saved $25.95

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yes, thank God for Teri and for you, too. We saved $65 on groceries last week and $45 the week before. Which is amazing, because we got A LOT of household stuff, medicines, etc. I really think we'd be starving right now (or badly in debt) if it weren't for Clipper Chicks!