Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's never to early to learn to be frugal

This morning, Nathan got to go on his first trip to the grocery store!  He even held my coupons!  I must say that he seemed bored by the whole experience, but....as the title says...It's never to early to learn to be frugal.  And, I feel it is my responsibity to teach him...even at such a young age:-)


I feel however that I let him down.  We were just pennies shy of saving more than we spent, which is always my goal.  If I would have remembered that $5/$30 coupon, we would have surpassed that goal, but in my flurry to get out of the house, we forgot it:-(  Oh well.  Sorry Nate...I'll try harder next time.

In other news, our little boy has decided to be different from other babies his age.  You see...most babies loose a certain percentage of their weight....at least several ounces over the first few days.  Nathan however is different...he's gaining weight like a champ!  Seriously, I'm not sure a professional boxer could be gaining weight faster than this little guy.  Today we stopped by my midwife's office and weighed him.  He was already 9 lbs 13 oz!!!  He's gained 10 oz in 3 days. 

Well, we are off to nap time, him and I.  I have some little things I want to share soon.  But, not on this post, so stay tuned:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are funny...crazy, yet funny. Glad you are getting out and about. You must be feeling good! : ) When would be a good time to call? Ya know how it is after someone has a baby, you're scared to call, lest you wake up the sleeping mama! (not baby..haha)
Would love to hear personally how its all been! I look forward to meeting the little (no big!) guy in probably less than a month now.

Tiffy

Michele said...

Hey Tiff...you can call anytime. I won't answer the phone if I'm sleeping:-) But, he's been doing pretty well at night, so I'm doing ok too. IF I do take a nap, it would be while the girls are sleeping too...between 1 & 3. Any other time, I'm up cuz they're up:-)