As I shared last week, I had lots of pre-labor with Nathan, which I guess was nice, because my actual labor was pretty fast...at least for me. I officially went into labor Saturday night a little after 11:00pm (after a busy night at Cambier Park for the "movie in the park" that AVI sponsored. I had been having contractions every 6 minutes for hours while at the park.) They slowed down for an hour or two when we got home, then they picked up in time and intensity. I knew it was time to call the midwife. We arrived at the Birth Center at midnight and less than 5 hours later, Nathan was born. I'm not going to share all the details about that...although if you are a friend or family member who wants to know just how awesome using a midwife and having a baby at a birthing center is in comparison to a hospital...let me know. I'll share whatever you want to know then. I have to say that my midwife is amazing, and I truly believe she kept me from having a c-section, twice. I am quite convinced that if I had delivered either Hannah or Nathan at the hospital, I would have been given a C-section, which in my case as you can tell, would have been unnecessary. So...I'd love to share more if you want to know.
On to Nathan. He was born at 4:45am and we were home by 2:30 that afternoon...a bit later than we wanted, but it's because of all the great sleep we got there in the morning. Nathan was 9 lbs 3 oz, my biggest baby yet, and 21 inches. He just had a little check up with the home nurse, and he was 9lbs...so, that's good. They tend to loose several ounces in the first day or two.
Here comes the zillions of pictures, are you ready?
Momma and Nathan (about 20 minutes old here)

Daddy and Nathan (again, about 20 minutes old)

Big Sisters
Big Sisters again
LOVE this picture! I LOVE IT....I could look at this picture ALL day. They are both beautiful!

Hannah was not around for this one:-( We'll take a good family picture soon though.
Getting ready to leave the birth center.

Meeting Yaya

Meeting Gramps

Meeting Grammy

Great-grandma Mimi, Mrs. Debbie, (almost) Aunt Erica and Nicole snuck in there too.

Soon-to-be Aunt Erica (my little brother's fiance)

Papa, Nathan and yaya

Great-Grandma Mimi and Nathan

Four Generations
Me, my son!, my dad, and my grandma

Baby Nathan, sleeping with blanket I made him:-)
This is the classic newborn picture, Just great!





8 comments:
Congrats Michelle! He is adorable and I love the name you chose! Boys are so sweet, enjoy him. There definitely is a different bond with a mother and son- that i am sure is different than with daughters. Congrats again!
Emily
Congrats you guys!! He's just adorable :) What a precious addition to your growing family. I know you guys are thrilled. Love his name too! Enjoy all these precious first days...
Thank You for sharing. How awesome!!! I love all the pictures.
Love,
Aunt Julie
Yay!! Congratulations! He is soooo cute and so precious. I love the big sister photos. They are going to be great. You look great, too Michele. I am jealous of your quick recovery!!
Horray! I am a proud aunt! :) He's so sweet, and you look great Michele! Way to go on natural child birth #2!!! (You're more of a woman than me..lol!) You guys look so happy, congratulations!
Seth is happy to finally have a little boy cousin to play with! :)(I hope he likes cars too!)
Hope all is well and you are getting sufficient rest...from what I hear you guys are managing well so far!
Tiffy
Wow that baby is a Rearden no doubt! I am so happy for you! Wow a son! That is so exciting.
Love you!
Jen
What a beautiful little boy! He is so precious. Congratulations to you and your family.
Congratulations Jeremy and Michele!I saw on Tiffy's facebook page that you had the baby so I wanted to stop in and say hello on your blog! Nathan is gorgeous and I am so happy for you all. You look so beautiful right after giving birth...and to think you did it all natural! You are a trooper. Take care and thanks for sharing such a wonderful post!
Love,
Rosie
Post a Comment