Monday, May 17, 2010

Alone time

We may not have a "Duggar" size family, but it's still pretty big considering how small our kids are.  With 3 kids 3 and under (I can only say that another couple of weeks!), they don't often get time by themselves with an adult.  It is mostly shared.  Today was very much an exception, and I think all involved have had a great time and been thankful.

Valerie called me this morning out of the blue and asked if she could take Nicole to work.  Then, my mom called and offered to take Nathan. 

So, that left Hannah-girl and me... We had  fun together!!!  And, Hannah understood this time was very special and rare.  We had to run a couple of normal errands, to the bank, return something to the store.  But, then, we went to the library.  We stayed there for nearly an hour, picking out books and reading them on the spot.  We played with puppets and stuffed animals and just had a sweet, laughing time.  Then, we got a pizza from Il Primo.  Hannah knew just what she wanted, and even offered to pay:-)  She filled up her own cup and got crazy excited over the zebras and giraffes that were on TV. 

I really valued that alone time I got with her.  I carried her neary everywhere (because she loves to be held!  I'm thinking when she gets married, Jeremy will have to carry her down the aisle:-)  We giggled and laughed and talked about funny things. 

Nathan had a dashing time with Yaya and Papa, going on a walk, falling asleep in yaya's arms....you know...doing what he most enjoys.

I'm not sure what Nicole is up to yet....but I'm guessing she is stapling papers, taping the desk, drawing happy faces and being a "big helper".  Right now, she's probably laying on the floor watching Cars movie.

Thanks grandmas for giving me time with just Hannah, and for enjoying time with whoever you had today:-)  It was fun!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so sweet. I love going places with my little Mare-bear, even though she's the only child anyway. I can't imagine not putting that attention into her all the time. It's such a sweet age that Maryn and Hannah are in, too! I hope you get more alone time with each child over their lives. It's pretty special!

Grandmothers: You ROCK!

Michele said...

It's a little hard right now because Nathan is still nursing. But, I think I'll have a lot more opportunity coming up with them. Jeremy and I have talked about starting date nights with Nicole and Hannah both...even if it's just an hour picnic at the park with mom or dad.

The nice thing is that, we are together ALL the time! Jeremy is such a family man and great father that when he is not working, typically he is with us. So, we get a lot of together time and fun memories...but, I think it's good to have some alone time too when we can. I've gotta tell you though, Nicole and Hannah are missing each other right now, which is very cool too!

Karen said...

So Happy.........that you and Hannah had a great time together, those's times are so special and very sweet. Have a great day!! Hugs