I think one thing about having little people around that both makes me crazy and cracks me up (depending on my mood...which is so not fair to them) is when they play a version of copy cat.
Example:
We were reading a little Bible story from a great book called The Jesus Storybook Bible (It's a great bedtime/naptime kind of Bible book...every story is related back to the coming of Jesus and the redemption of man). There was a drawing of a snake on the page that Nicole and Hannah were both fascinated with. Hannah stuck her finger on the snake and then pulled it back quickly and said, "Oh, owe!" I quickly replied, "Awe...Hannah, did the snake bit you?" She shook her head yes. I was beginning to scold the snake "Bad snake, no bite Hannah" when Nicole put her finger on the snake and it "bit her". I just looked at Nicole and laughed and kept reading. Nicole made the snake bite her at least two more time, each time making her "owey" sounds louder until I recognized her snake bite to the same level that I recognized Hannah's.
This happens numerous times throughout the day. Generally...it's when Hannah it noticed for something, then Nicole will go and do it, to also get noticed. When I get mad is when I scold Hannah for doing something(maybe "painting" with yogurt on the table) and Nicole does it right after Hannah's gotten in trouble for it. What makes her think she'll get away with it, when Hannah didn't? Testing those limits and boundries I see!
I am SOOOOO NOT looking forward to the day Nicole plays the real copy cat game with me. You know it...you did it to your parents or teachers.
Mom: Nicole stop touching that!
Nicole: Nicole stop touching that!
Mom: Nicole please don't repeat me.
Nicole: Nicole, please don't repeat me.
Mom: Stop repeating me or else...
Nicole: Stop repeating me or else...
Mom: I said stop.
Nicole: I said stop.
Mom: Go to your room.
Nicole: Go to your room.
And it goes on and on and on. Yeah...I am NOT looking forward to that day at all!!!!
2 comments:
LOL you are so cute...
And I'm getting more and more nervous about having siblings around here. Sigh!
Haha, don't be nervous. More often than not...it's fun!Plus, it'll take at least a year or maybe even a year and half before you have copy catters!
Post a Comment