Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Imaginarium Children's Museum

Today, I took the kids (and my mom) to a children's museum in Ft. Myers.  I don't think I would have gone without my mom...she was very helpful with Nathan and keeping an eye on the girls running around.  I'm not brave enough to do something like that by myself!

The girls had do much fun!!!

They touched sting rays



checked out alligators, frogs, sharks and fish.
Um, yes....the animals in the petting tanks were a little preocupied today, 
in case you were wondering....

We watched a little show that taught us about alligators, frogs and snakes (did you know that people used to WEAR ball pythons, as jewelry!!!  Totally gross!)  The lady who was presenting told the kids to stick their hands out in front of them if there was animal they didn't like and didn't want close to them.  Nicole stuck her hands out right away, each time a new animals came out of the box.  This was what she looked like!

Hannah was brave enough to touch the snake at the end!

We ate outside, picked flowers and played in a sandbox.



We explored inside in the science lab with rolling balls, shapes, puzzles, a puppet theater

and even experienced hurricane force winds.
(Notice that Nicole has her ears plugged! haha)

Nathan hung out with London, his little girlfriend that is 2 months older than him

It was a fun little trip.  Thanks mom for coming along!

2 comments:

Mama Pat said...

What a very fun day that was, and glad your mom was able to go with you, I know she had a good time. I don't blame Nicole for not toughing the snake. I won't have either, but Hanna is another story. Haha. I think she would like to touch them all.
Looked like Nate was having a good time watching the other kids. They are all so sweet.
God's Blessing to all of you.
Love you all.

Amanda said...

That looks like so much fun! You're such a good mommy. I love the picture of the "preoccupied animals!" LOL. And I love Nicole's hair in those pictures! It's looking very cute.