The night before her birthday we asked her what she wanted to do. The first answer.....
"In the morning, when it's day time out, I want you and daddy to walk in my room and say 1,2,3 Surprise!"
and
"Um, I want to play a game.....and build with my blocks....and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich and have spaghetti for dinner."
So, at 6:45am when Hannah came in our room, I woke Jeremy up and said, "Come on, we have to go in and surprise Nicole". He gave me an "Are you absolutely kidding me? Do you have any idea what time it is" kind of look, but he got up. We tiredly crept into her bedroom. She was wide awake and staring at the door. We "snuck" in, counted to three and yelled SURPRISE. She immediately started laughing, squealing, kicking and having an "I'm so excited, I'm so excited type of tantrum". I think that was the highlight of the day for me. She was totally looking forward to us doing that for her. I loved her expression and excitedness.
Then, we all got dressed and went to McDonalds for pancake breakfast. After McyD's, we went to Home Depot and did a free workshop. Hannah even got to help.
The next aisle over, a home depot employee turned on a saw to cut some wood. Immediately the girls stuck their fingers in their ears! hahahaha. They don't like loud noise and are terrified of the "beep beep" sound at Home Depot.
Check out that concentration!
I enjoyed being a part this time.
We made a soccer Foosball table.
Then we took off for a local park with a splash pad and the let the girls play for a little while. It's incredibly hot and it's only June! So, this was the best place to be if your going to be outside. We had lunch at the mall, with icecream included. Came home, zonked out and took a nap (all of us I think).
That night we had the requested spaghetti dinner, decorated our own cupcakes
and watched Homeward Bound (and of course painted our nails).
These girls LOVE to get out their blankets and pillow and lay on the floor to watch a movie. It's such a treat!
Again, the concentration....
Blowing her fingernails dry
Yes I "trusted" Hannah with nail polish too.
Hannah's Big toe she painted over and over ( think it was the only nail that got any attention)
As far as gifts are concerned - she got....
Roller skates (which she can't use....like, maybe she needs to wait a few YEARS!)
She loves this science set. Wait for many more pictures to come on this one!
These are really cool books I got a a garage sale for a dollar (for all of them). They have a wheel that turns the first letter so the child can practice reading a certain sound. The stories are ok....but the basic reading skills they teach are great.
We haven't played this game yet, but I know Nicole will love it.

















3 comments:
Awww that is so sweet! I always used to request spaghetti on my birthday too. Kids are cheap if you let them choose their birthdays. lol!
How much fun was that? Lots I'll bet. Looks like you had a wonderful day with everything you all did. Where was Nate during all of this? I would bet he was in there somewhere. You all take care and will talk to you later.
Love you,
Hmmm...good point Mama Pat, I don't really have photos of Nathan in there. Um...he was there, just not here I guess:-) I'll give you a Nate fix soon. I have cute cute pictures.
Post a Comment