Nicole LOVES to wear her flower girl dress from Justin and Erica's wedding. Almost daily she wears it. She even wore it to the airport one time (and got many comments). Lately, she's been asking me when she can get married. Obviously my answer is not for at least 30 years. Just kidding.
Anyway, today she was asking me about getting married and I asked her if she wanted to see my wedding dress. She got so excited at the thought of it. So, I pulled it out and immediately she "ooo-ed and awww-ed"over it. Now, I loved my wedding dress. It was perfect for me...very simple and just my style, but it's not all frilly and fancy like a lot of dresses out there. Just simple (like me, right?) So, I asked her if she wanted to put it on.
Oh.my.word. The excitement that came out of that little girl was priceless. We didn't do all of this in an ideal location, so the pictures aren't wonderful...this was totally impromptu. I put the veil on her and my little tiara too.
Hannah was a bit freaked out over the veil for some reason. But, Nicole just loved it. My friend Jennifer has a tradition of taking a picture of her daughter in her wedding dress every year on her birthday (her daughter will be three soon I think). I thought that was such a sweet idea, but never did it. Well, maybe now I will. I think it will be fun to see how she fills it out and to document how much she grows every year. What do you think?
I don't have high hopes of my girls wanting to wear my dress. If they want to...absolutely they may, but it just might not be their style, and that's ok. It would be cool however if they used the veil...because it was my mom's veil. That might be a nice little "something old".
I don't want these two to grow up to fast, because I know....I KNOW....that the day will come much too soon when their daddy will be walking them down the aisle in a beautiful dress and they will finally get a day to be the princess they pretend to be now at 2 and 4.


4 comments:
Everything lately makes me want to cry (happy cry usually) and this does for real! Sooo sweet. I don't even know where my dress is...
Awe...Amanda...let it out! hehehe. I'm pretty weepy the first few weeks after having a baby too. (again...usually in a good way)
Awww...that is so sweet! I remember when you and Jeremy got married and your dress was so classy and simple. So cool to see Nicole in it!
O my goodness, this brought a tear to my eye, but just look at the smile on Nicole's face, so proud. I hope one day she will want to wear your dress, but maybe not, you didn't want to wear mind,which I thought was so beautiful for a 70's gown, all lacie with a big bow in the back haahaha, but I do hope she will wear that veil (sorrry it scared Hannah, that's funny). for though's who don't know my mom made that veil for my wedding,so it's really OLD!!!! Nicole, you do make a proud beautiful bride!!
What fun this blog was. loved it
Post a Comment