Saturday, August 14, 2010

Girl's Night

Girl's Night is a big deal in our house.  When daddy is working out of town, I usually pick one night to let the girls stay up a little later, watch a movie, eat cookies, paint toenails...whatever they want.

Well, earlier this week, Jeremy was out of town and getting back really late that night.  So, we decided to invite the girl who lives across the street (she's 6) and her mom over for "Girl's Night".  I called and talked to Marsha and the plans were set.  Until I hung up and Nicole started crying because SHE wanted to invite Sydney.  So....I call again and allow Nicole the chance to invite her little friend over. 

As soon as we get off the phone, Nicole gets mine and Hannah's attention and say (very dramatically).  "O.K. Mommy and Hannah.  We need to clean this place up and get ready for Girl's Night!". 

YES!!!!!  Finally, something sunk in.  When we have special company, we clean up the house!  I was so pleased to hear that this was HER idea.  Until I saw her start into motion!  This was what Nicole meant.


She pulled every pillow down on the floor, created a wall of  sofa pillows and retrieved bed pillows to lay on the floor.  She got all kinds of knick knacks and spread them on her chair as "cookies". 

My house was definitely NOT cleaned up.  But to her...it was Perfect!  She ran to her room, put on her jammies (because really, what is a girl's night without jammies?) and stood by the front door waiting for her little friend. 

Sydney was not quite as impressed with the pillows on the floor idea.  She watched the movie while sitting on the couch (she is older and more mature of course! hehe).  But, the girls all did have a great time.  I got to spend a little bit of time with my neighbor and it was a nice night. 

Even though Nicole didn't actually clean up the house, I am pleased that she tried very hard to make the room look special for her friend...even if her friend didn't get it.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

hahaha so cute...definitely gotta go in Nicole's scrapbook or something.

Michele said...

Um....this is her scrap book. Is that weird? My goal (by the end of this year) is to print most of my blog-to date. Some entries I'll leave out...but most will be printed. Then, I'll only have to do it every 6 months or so. My kids don't really even have a baby book...this is it. This is where I record all (most) of their milestones. Poor things. I'm always afraid of what would happen if we no longer had computers (could we even survive?)

Amanda said...

lol same with us!

Anonymous said...

How sweet that Nicole wanted everything just right for girls night!!! Gotta love that, so........perfect in the eyes of a child