Thursday, August 12, 2010

I love to save money!!

I went to Target this morning because they had some great coupons I was hoping to capitalize on.  I bought Jeremy a T-shirt for $2 using a $2/ men's clothing coupon, organic strawberries for $1.49 using a $1/produce item coupon.  I also bought this really cute bathroom organizer thinging for $3.39.  It was on sale for $13.39 and I used a $10/any bathroom item coupon.  I hope it's useful, if not, I'll take it back....but here's hoping.

Anyway....that is not what I got so excited about at Target this morning.  We walked by the meat department, and I saw a ton of $3 off peelie coupons on the packages.  I came on the right day.  They were marking down their meats that would "expire" in the next couple of days.  I usually don't buy meat at Target...but there were a few deals I just couldn't pass up!  Let me share!


8 Count Bone-in Pork Chop reg. $15.42. sale $7.32 with a $3 off coupon.  Final Cost $4.32 (this is enough for 4 meals for us!

Bone -in Strip Steak reg. $8.19 sale for $5.73 with a $3 off coupon.  Final Cost, $2.73 for nearly .9lb steak

Pork Roast $6.49 with a $3 coupon. Final Cost $3.49 (I should get 2 or 3 meals out of that one)

2 packs of Filet Mignon.
1st pack reg. $15.39 marked down to $6.53 with a $3 coupon.  Final Cost $3.53 for 2 Filet Mignons totaling 1.1lbs
2nd pack reg $17.14, marked down to $9.34 with a $3 coupon. Final Cost $6.34 for 2 Filet Mignons, weighing 1.7 pounds total

I also bought 3 packages of 2 count organic chicken breasts.  They were $4.99 each with a $2 coupon. 

So my meat, regular price would have been $77.60
I paid $29.48
So, I saved $48.12!!! 
Yippee.  I have enough meat for 12 meals at under $2.50 a piece....not to bad.  Guess we don't need to go out to eat for a while.  I NEVER buy Filet Mignon, because I'm afraid to spend $20 on a steak and it not taste great.  So, this will be fun!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Target coupons are awesome! We are loving it, plus we get 15% off now. If you get a Target debit card you can get 5% off your entire purchase. It's a good deal. Print off all those Target coupons, too. Lots of things go on clearance or on sale (TPC=Temporary Price Cut) all the time, and it varies store to store so it's not in the ad. We got 3 lbs. of beef one day for $1.50 because it was about to expire. Anyway, it gives you an excuse to spend a couple hours at Target...if you can get away that long!

Michele said...

I didn't know about the debit card. Is it a real debit card? Or do you pre-load it with money?