On Tuesday of our vacation, we had to take a 45 minute drive south to Emo in order to pick something up. I asked the cashier at the grocery store if there was a park around and she told me about a really beautiful park, playground, splashpad on the river just around the corner. She told me about the water playground but then said, "but, if it's to hot out, there is a library down the street too."
Um...excuse me? Is 73 degrees to hot? I was worried it was to cold!
I really didn't think the girls would play in the water for two reason...one, when the wind blew, it was a bit chilly and two....no bathing suits. Now, no bathing suits hasn't stopped us before, but we weren't in a foreign country 45 minutes from the house.
The girls played on the playground for a little while, then Jeremy ventured over to the water play area. I am so glad that HE is THEIR daddy. He makes life fun. He is intentional about making memories and not letting a little thing like no bathing suits get in the way. So, he turned on the water and the good times started.
Well, for ONE of our children
Hannah was not excited about getting wet, or watching others get wet.
She cried and whined most of the time.
Or, she covered her face.
We tried to force her in, thinking that if she just got wet, then she would let loose and enjoy it. Nope...didn't work.
Nathan was also not excited about being wet, or cold.
But, Nicole....Nicole loved it. So, we made Hannah sit and watch her big sister run around half dressed in cold water at a beautiful park in southern Ontario.
All three kids had a chance to ride the lion statue. Fun!
Speaking of Emo...there was this cute little prayer chapel on the side of the road. We had to stop, and I went inside. Just a tiny room for one. But, cute nonetheless.




1 comment:
Ah, that looks like so much fun! I love how Nicole and Hannah are so different about the water (I'm with you Hannah! I always hated getting wet with my clothes on). I love that little chapel too. So cute. I really like tight little spaces to be alone in, so that place would be perfect for me.
Post a Comment