Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mall of America

Our last day of vacation was spent at The Mall of America in Minneapolis.  I honestly could really care less about being in such a huge mall.  I'm not a HUGE shopper (unless I find some great clearance deals), but I am certainly NOT a shopper with three little children in tow.  But, this mall did have something that was incredible...a theme park, right in the middle.  There is a Nickelodeon Theme park with an amazing assortment of rides for little tykes and big kids a like.  We spent the entire day riding rides in the air conditioning (the best part for me...do you have any idea how hot Disney World is right now?)
 
The carousel was Nicole's favorite ride she said.
 
 Nicole and Hannah both liked riding on the train together.
 
And, they got to ride on Magenta too, from Blue's Clues.

 
 This year, I was the designated chaperon for most rides.  I missed out last year at DollyWood because I pregnant with Nathan.
 
I would suggest a stop at the Mall of America if you are ever in the Twin Cities...especially if you have children.
 
This was a small version of "up/down" just for the kids.  Both Hannah and Nicole liked it...but, Hannah LOVED it.  She must have went on this ride 8 times.  Over and over and over.  She giggled every time. 
Even I got to ride a roller coaster (there were several for adults).  The one I picked went straight up and peaked just before the glass ceiling.  Then it plummeted straight down and did a few loops along the way.  I think it was the first roller coaster I had been on in years and years.  It was fun.

 
Nicole got to ride bumper cars with her daddy.  This year she didn't get mad at the people bumping into her car.  She ever got to drive her own car at a different attraction that was just for little ones.

 
Jeremy was excited to take Nicole on the ride she loved so much at DollyWood.  But, she didn't like it this year.  It was actually much higher and dropped harder.  But, the ride didn't even start right.  The arm thing came down and hit her thumb.  So, before it even started, she was crying and wanted off.

Nicole got to "meet" Dora and Boots...who she knows, but doesn't watch.  It was still exciting for her to see them.
Jeremy got to play some fair type games.  He won a few little prizes for us:-)

 Nathan was just chillin most of the day.  I LOVE it when he sleeps like this.  Such a cute little man!
 And....that concludes our vacation. We had a fun time together as a family.  We enjoyed spending so much time together and made many memories.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It seems like we were just there! I wish we had been there at the same time. A lot of rides Maryn couldn't do because she would have been by herself, and we were too scared to put her on the up and down ride. I think she might like it now, though. I love, LOVE the picture of Nathan sleeping, too! That is how John sleeps and I've already caught Josiah doing it a couple times. I love my boys :)

Michele said...

I love how he sleeps too. he also laughs like that. If you tickle him, he throws his arms up behind his head.

My girls are thrill junkies.

Aunt Julie said...

How cool!!!
I love that how Nathan sleeps. :o))

Tiffany said...

Those are great-looks like so much fun! You guys are such a fun family... (I have a feeling Chris and I may not be much fun in the ride department, we get sick! :( )