Monday, September 13, 2010

Pizza and sunsets


One night we went to a little restaurant at a hunt camp for dinner.  If you ever want to hunt/fish in Canada...check out Le Cueyer's. It seemed like a nice place.  Their little restaurant was filled with stuffed animals and mounted fish.  Bears, geese, deer, moose, racoons, pike, whatever kind of animals they up there, I'm sure it was mounted at LeCueyer's.  In all honesty, the pizza wasn't that great, but as always, the night was filled with memories. 



There were two funny stories that involved me.  Do you want to hear them? 

Well, as always, in the middle of dinner, Hannah had to go potty.  My rule, especially when out is that if one girl goes potty the other has to come and go as well because if they don't, I will be back in the bathroom again soon.  So, I took Nicole with me.  Now, Nicole is 4 and wants to be a big girl whenever possible.  She has been going into the little stalls by herself lately...which is nice because public potty time is shortened a little.  The problem this night was that the stalls did not have the back and forth latch, rather, they had the little rotating disc type of latch. These are easily rotated to the lock the door, but often can get stuck and be difficult to unlock....I guess.  After Nicole was done doing her business she tried to get out...and couldn't.  She kept trying and I kept offering help, on the outside of the stall.  She was getting upset because she thought she would be stuck in there.  So...what does any loving and somewhat psychotic mommy do?  Yep, I laid down on the dirty floor and military crawled my way into her stall to save my sweet girl.  I did it...just for her.  To make me feel better about my act, the lock was difficult, even for me to open, so she wasn't just "playing me" like sometimes she does.  I am just thankful that I wasn't at walmart or somewhere there is high bathroom traffic and nasty nasty floors.  This little bathroom was clean (but dirty...you know what I mean?  a bathroom is never really that clean).  We came out of the bathroom laughing and Jeremy was just smiling.  Why was he smiling?  Because he knew that funny things always happen to me in the bathroom:)

The other funny story may not be that funny unless you were there.  We were going to walk down the boardwalk and take some sunset pictures, but I had something in my hands that I wanted to put back in our rental van.  Our rental van was a white Town and Country (great van by the way).  Anyway, I was walking to the van to quickly put the stuff away and the door wouldn't open.  I turned around and asked Jeremy to unlock the van and I tried to open is again.  Then...the alarm on the van next to me started going off....I don't know why.  Until I looked at Jeremy and he is bent over laughing at me.  I look back at the van, and realize that I am trying to get into someone else's white Honda Odyssey.  I quickly let go of the handle and walk to the van whose alarm is going off....our van.  I start laughing and I feel like silly girl....until, we hear the people inside talking about what I just did and laughing at me.  It was Their van.  Jeremy was having a fit...he just thought it was hysterical...and Nicole was asking me why I was trying to get into that other person's van!  Haha...it was a funny moment.

Well, we did walk down the boardwalk and saw a beautiful sunset and took some fun pictures. 




2 comments:

Karen said...

funny, funny story's, I have done the army crowl on the bathroom floor, ugh, to save my little girl also, mom's will do anything for there kids!! Great, Great pictures!

Amanda said...

LOL You crack me up.