Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Happenings

So...what's been going on around here?  Hannah has been practicing sewing...sort of.  She's been weaving the string to our blinds in and out of the afghan my grandma made her. 



Nicole has been doing a lot of this lately.


I scared her for life a few year ago when burnt toast set off our smoke detectors.  Then, a few weeks ago, she had just fallen asleep at Gramps' house when his smoke detectors started beeping for a batter change.  She woke up screaming...and shaking in fear.  She is terrified of all things loud and/or beepy.  Lately she's been seen with her ears covered, in anticipation of another smoke detector going off.  We have had many...many talks (including from a fire man) about how smoke detectors are good...but it's not helped yet.  So, for now...she has her ears covered.

And, the girls were caught playing in the pack n play a few days ago.  Nate was a bit confused when he saw them in there.  They were having a great time together though.  I love to watch my children play together.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I had a little boy in my preschool class who was terrified of fire alarms and the school kept testing them. One day after a lot of testing, I went to the principal and made sure they were NOT going to test them that day, and then promised the little boy and his parents that they would not go off (unless there really was a fire).

And you know what they did? They tested the fire alarms that day. I was so mad! And the poor little boy. I felt terrible.