Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Nathan



Dear Nathan,
I simply can not believe that you are already one year old!  You little life has already gone so fast.  We are so thankful that the Lord chose us to be your parents.  As you stand by me right now, grabbing my arms, hitting my legs and smiling at me....I can not help but be in awe of your little personality.  You have made yourself a place in our family and it would be empty without you.  I am so thankful to have you as my son.

Nathan, you are a sweet and loving little boy...but you are also pretty tough too. You have learned to give kisses...or at least make kissing sounds.  You love to climb over anything you can.  I think you prefer to climb over your sister when they are lying down, and your daddy too.  If I'm sitting on the floor with my feet stretched out, you climb back and forth over my legs.  You have found Nicole's little wooden baby bed, and made it your own boat.  You like to take the long way to your destination, preferring to crawl through, under and around objects. 

Although you are still a baby, it is clear that you love your family.  You love me...and although I get a bit frustrated at times with you hanging onto my leg and crying because I want to walk away and you can't walk with me...I still love it.  I know that these times are so short and that very soon, you will be very independent of me...so I try to take every moment I can to soak you up as a baby.  You love your daddy and generally try to say "Dadda" when you see him.  You know that you can be rough with him and often go to him to throw a ball too or "hit on" when it's time to play.  You love your sisters (and they love you too).  Your favorite game with them is to chase them around they house.  They run around and scream and giggle while you try to keep up with their little legs. 

You also play well by yourself.  You love to sit in your ball pit and throw the balls out, or often times I catch you throwing a ball and then crawling after it...then throwing it again...then crawling after it...and so on.   You also love to play with helium balloons.  I think between a few balls and a balloon...you would be entertained for hours. 

You do some gross boys things too...like when I caught you playing in the toilet water (that was disgusting) or when you put your food on the floor and then lean over and lick it up (that's pretty gross too).  I love to watch your mind work as you try to figure out why things work. 

You are generally pretty happy if you are near someone you know loves you (and to be honest...if I'm around, that person usually has to be me).  You will often sit in the room I am in and play for a long time while I cook  (or type on the computer like right now).

We are looking forward to spending the rest of your life with you.  We hope we can teach you to be a man who love Jesus, a man who is kind and gentle, yet strong and firm, a man who respects women, who is compassionate and giving....a man who makes a difference and lives to bring Glory to God.

Nate...we love you so very much.  We are thankful to be your parents.  We have enjoyed our first year with you, and we are looking forward to many many more to come.  You are a blessing in our lives.

Happy First Birthday Son!

2 comments:

k said...

Happy 1st. Birthday Nathan! What a SWEET BLESSING you are!! I was in tears when I first read this blog, just a Blast of memories, just overwhelmed me, and the feeling of dreams and wishes that I had for my own children. How fast they grow,from little ones who need you every waking moment, and then all at once that moment is gone and all you have left are the sweetest memories of there childhood filed in the back of your brain. I use that file ALOT!!

What a precious letter to Nathan, he is a lucky little boy to have such wonderful parents. May Nathan grow to be a loving Godly man like his dad, along with a Heart of giving and loving like his mom. May his days be filled with Laughter, Love, and a growing desire in his heart for the creator of all things, our Lord and Savior.

Happy Birthday Grandson you are LOVED SO..............MUCH!!!!

Mama Pat said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY GREAT GRANDSON.

What a wonderful letter you mommy wrote to you. You are such a blessed little guy.

This time has gone so fast and you have grown so much. I wish only the very best for you Nathan. All the pleasures life can give you.

My Pray is that you grow up to be a strong young man, full of Love and growing into a man like Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know with the parents you have you will be truely Blessed.

My Prayers will be with you all of your life. You are so precious, and I will always Love you....