Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trunk -N-Treat

This year, our church tried something new called Trunk-n-treat.  They asked members to sign up for different themes to decorate their trunk, truck, motorcycle...whatever.  We weren't sure what the turnout was going to be like. In the past, our church would have a HUGE festival with all sorts of amusements and such.  I am so happy they simplified...this was even more fun.

We chose "baseball" because I knew it was the only way I would get Jeremy to help *wink, wink*.
We put our corn hole game up against the open van and let the kids toss wiffle balls into the holes.  We were busy all night long with this game.  Jeremy wore his softball outfit (I can't really call it a uniform), I wore a softball jersey and eye black...and Nate wore a little baseball outfit and eyeblack too.

Nicole decided at the last minute to wear her flower girl dress...and Hannah couldn't figure out what to do, so we just put a braves jersey on her, some eye black...and called it done.







This is what Hannah looked like all night long...her head down in the bag of candy.  I swear that girl ate at least 4 lollipops.

This is a young couple from our Sunday BLG class.  Nicole has taken a like-ing to them.

In all honesty....I am SOOOO happy Halloween is over.  I hate it.  I think it's stupid how grown ups use it as a chance to walk around town in ridiculous outfits and dress their little children as devils, witches and vampires.  I hate all of the gory decorations and the fact that it lures my children when we are out and about.  I hate that I saw someone "decorating" their home with flames of hell...it's just horrible...and I hate the date.  I am glad it is over and we can finally move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I know that a lot of people love Halloween and have a lot of fun with it.  But, if our church didn't offer such a fun alternative, I would order in pizza and have a movie night with my family every year and never pass out a single piece of candy.  I know...I'm a halloween scrooge.


BUT...I don't have to be so mean about it...because we do have a fun time hanging out with people from church and playing games with the children.

No comments: