Thursday, November 18, 2010

Six....five and under

Jeremy's friend Bryan is helping Jeremy this week...in a BIG way!  Jeremy hurt something playing softball Monday night.  We think he either tore a rib ligament (the same injury at Michael Vick), or that he very badly pulled an oblique muscle.  It's been difficult for him to lift heavy items, twist his body and do some typical work he does every day.  So...he asked his friend Bryan to help at work (because there were several large item installations this week, including a very large and heavy screen). 

However, Bryan needed someone to watch his children while he worked.  I am always looking for ways I can serve my husband...and this was probably one of the biggest things I could have done for him in a long long time.  So...today and tomorrow, my house and hands are full. And, do you know what....we actually had a lot of fun today!

I had Peyton who is 5
Nicole who is 4
Caulder who is 3 1/2,
Hannah who is 2 1/2,
London who is 1
and Nathan who is almost 1.

Yep...6 very energetic, but smart and sweet children all under one roof all day long (OK, Peyton is at pre-school until 11:30).



Today went W.A.Y. better than I expected it to.  We really had a great time.  We went for a bike ride/walk in the park, we ate lunch,



played with slime,











took naps (can you believe that I had 5 of the six asleep or resting all at the same time????),



did some Thanksgiving crafts,




 (Yep...they made these turkeys out of candy...aren't they cute?  They were pretty hard and required a lot of help.  I would say this is an age 7 and older craft)

and played outside.  We watched 5 minutes of TV just before Bryan came.  Woohoo!  We made it!

Now, for day #2.  I hope everyone (including myself) is in the same great mood today as they were yesterday.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Way to go girl! It's a really funny thing, that sometimes when you have your hands full things actually go better. I think babysitting four kids last year helped me really stay focused and on task because I knew I had to. I was exhausted at the end of the day and hardly ever had a chance to relax...but it was a great way to serve and, in my case, make some money! And I rarely got stuck on facebook (never did, actually!). lol.