Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Family Presentations

We have a new Classical Conversations community this year, that I happen to be the director of.  Lots of responsibility....quite a bit of stress....high expectations that need to be met.  You know the drill.

Well, our family started the year by running our opening assembly since most of our families are new to CC.  Each week, a new family will help with the pledge, prayer, timeline cards, Bible verse and then give a brief presentation about their family.  Trying to model to our new community, we kept it simple (and even practiced the day before.)  Here is how it went...

Me:  Hi, my name is Michele.  I am not going to tell you how old I am, and my favorite thing to do is go out on dates with my husband.

N: Hi, my name is Nicole.  I am 7 and I like to catch lizards, frogs, butterflies and millipeeds

H: Hi, my name is Hannah.  I am 5 and I like to play games.

N: (with a stutter).  Hi, my name is Nathan.  I three.  I like to play games, play cars, and, and, and...poop and pee goes in the potty

Yep...keeping expectations high for the new year :)  (It was a great ice breaker though...everyone was laughing!)

No comments: