Now, I have done quite a bit of traveling with the kids (multi-state road trip last fall), but this was the worst it's ever been. I not only had to drive through Atlanta at rush hour, but I also had to use the outer belts and go through various towns. It was the most stressful drive I've had so far. I finally got on the country roads, and had a hard time enjoying them; I was so stressed out! ha!!
But, we finally made it to NC and stayed at Brendle Cabin...a super sweet place that was just perfect for our family.
We got there just as the sun was going down. I wish I could have captured the squealing and screaming that took place as my children saw lightening bugs for the first time. (Nate screamed in fear, hahaha). They were so excited! (Nate too, once he realized what they were).
But, the screaming didn't end there. Nope....the next surprise came over. It as Grammy & Gramps! Woohooo!!!! The kids had no idea they would see them.
The next day, we had a fun picnic at a local park. The kids played on the play ground and fished with Gramps (which then turned into "worm play".)
The rehearsal dinner location had a kid's play area right next door. I hung out with the kids there after dinner. But, daddy finally got some game time in ;)
The kids love John Michael....and look forward to his "squeeze bear" hugs.
The wedding was beautiful, and we are happy for JM and his sweet wife Amanda.
They had a fun photo booth during the reception. Hannah enjoyed dressing up.
And then....things got out of control. Gramps and the kids, playing in the aftermath of the car "decoration" left by the groomsmen.
The cabin was great, and even had some cute goats for the kids to torture, eh, I mean play with ;)
What started off as a stressful trip, turned into a fun weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment