Friday, September 27, 2013

Old McMickey's Farm

Today we took the kids on a field trip with our CC group (and even invited another local CC community along, which was fun) to Old McMickey's Farm in Odessa.  It was a wonderful morning with overcast skies and even a cool breeze.  The weather was perfect.
I think this is their Wild Kratt's "Creature Power" pose.
We had to split up into two groups, so our community friends were not all with us the entire time (but we did have lunch together).

The kids got to touch a lot of animals and help do some farm work as well.

The first stop was at the cow milking station. After learning basic cow anatomy, each child got a chance to milk the cow.

Tonight at dinner Nicole said, "Daddy, did you know that when the milk comes out of the cow, it's not cold yet!"
They all did a great job (although, I was having a hard time watching...)

No, I did not milk the cow, although I'm sure they would have let me if I would have asked.
Click on this picture, and you'll be able to see the milk coming out.

The kids learned a little about pot belly pigs and why they are good pets.

Each child also got to go on a little pony ride.  This was the favorite event of the day.

I even got Nate and Hannah both to say "Yeeee- Haw!"


The children had a chance to pet some cute bunnies.

Check out the size of this bunny rabbit!

Then, all of the kids had a blast in the chicken coop area.  Those poor chickens were running for their lives!

But, most were captured for a quick picture.


Even Nate got in on the action.

He kept saying "Man, dees, tings are so fast!".

He was so cute to watch running around.

Nicole and Hannah had a blast chasing these chickens and holding them.

We had such a fun morning with our friends.

Old McMickey had a farm...E-I-E-I-O...

1 comment:

Karen said...

First I have to say how much I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!! What a FUN morning....and I see Nicole was in full attire with her bib overalls....super cute! I LOVED ALL your picture..but missing the one of you milking the cow...you would of loved milking...you have to pull just right...I see Nate got some milk...and love the comment from Nicole at dinner.....hahahahahaha......precious child! Te pony rides are always the favorite....I have a picture of you on a pony ride..Always brings a smile. Ain't nothin more fun then chasing a chicken...wish I would of been there I could of made my awesome chicken clucking...hahaha. Glad you All had fun at the farm...o yeah....will you be purchasing a pot belly pig.....oink oink as your new pet?

I wanta go next time....eieio