The new verse up on my chalk board wall behind my sink is...
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24 3-4
I think this one will stay up there for a while. I don't have anything insightful to say about this proverb except that I have to figure out what it means! haha. The three big words...Wisdom, understanding, and knowledge and three big verbs, built, established and filled. And, I'm guessing the rare and beautiful treasures aren't just alluding to my rare and beautiful little girls:-)
I have some things to share from a book I'm reading called Idols of the Heart, Learning to Long for God Alone by Elyse Fitzpatrick (I bought it from Grace and Truth books...see my link to the right). But, the girls decided not to sleep at the same time today, so my thoughts will have to wait for another day.
Until then...reflect on the verse above. What do you think? How can wisdom build my house, understanding establish it and knowledge fill it's rooms with rare and beautiful treasures? How do we implement this in our lives and homes?
Is there a verse that is speaking to you today?
1 comment:
Great Proverb..My thoughts on this is..Wisdom, Knowing our bodies is the Temple of the Holy Spirit I believe is the first part of Wisdom, Understanding,believing and knowing the Word of God is true and sharper then a two edged sword, knowledge, like the Bible say, is to fill every part of our being, heart, soul and mind.
As for ourselves, I believe when we marry and have children, the wisdom is trying hard to understand our husbands,(which sometimes that is hard) understanding why they do some of the things they do and the knowledge to learn how to handle it. The same with children. They have different personalities and the same thing applies to them.
You have 3 very different people to deal with, and I think you are doing a great job. I would have to give you a blue ribbon for the job you are doing.
I would like to know your thoughts on this Proverb. This was great and makes you stop and think about the spiritual and human side of it. Love you all.. Mama Pat
Post a Comment