Friday, October 24, 2008

Sad Lady

There is a lady who lives a few houses down from us that we see every day walking her dog. Unfortunately, her husband passed away a few weeks ago. Nicole and I saw the ambulance and firetruck. I knew something had happened, but Nicole was excited (and scared) to hear the sirens. Well, I wanted to do something nice for her, so Nicole and I made her cookies yesterday. OK...it is true that part of the reason I wanted to make cookies was to eat the dough:-) Anyway, while we were making the cookies I was telling her that we were going to take some to the lady down our street whose husband just died. I said, "Nicole, she is sad because her husband isn't here anymore, and we want to make her cookies so she can feel happy again". So...she became known as "sad lady" around our house. Well...the girls and I went down yesterday morning to drop off the cookies (still warm)...but she wasn't home. When Jeremy got home, we took a short walk down there (in the drizzly rain) and she had just walked outside to check her mail. Anyway, after I handed her the cookies, we stood and talked for a little while. The whole time Nicole is saying, "mommy sa yady, mommy sa yady, sa yady, mommy sa yady..." yeah...you guessed it, Nicole was saying "sad lady". I don't think she understood Nicole, which was good. Jeremy and I kept looking at each other tryng not to laugh. This had great potential to be extremely embarrassing...I'll have to be careful what words I use to describe people more often! It was pretty funny, and amazing that Nicole remembered the story and connected it to me giving her the cookies.

On another note...Hannah decided to chew on a piece of raw broccoli while I made dinner last night. She was totally into it!
I thought this was a funny pic of Hannah drinking from her sippy cup.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha..the sad lady story is so funny to me! That's a good warning to me! That got me thinking...I hope Seth doesn't go up to anyone at church ever and point to their behind and say "butt." Lol... : )

Just to let you know, I enjoy your blog so much that it's now a "favorite." I was dissapointed yesterday to see that there was so blog...although I know it's not feesible (sp?) to do it everyday!

Have a good weekend and I hope you get to start the book! : )

My parents should be here tomorrow around lunch time!

Michele said...

Tiffy...I'm on page 50....I read for an hour last night before bed (everyone else was asleep...but I needed to wind down before I could sleep). It's great so far!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story, I am so....proud of you teaching the girls at such a young age to be GODS servants (even though you love to eat cookie dough), what a sweet........story!!! I am sure the sad lady was very BLESSED!!!

Hannah eating the broccoli, what funny, funny pictures. She was really digging it!!
Love you, MOM xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you made cookies for the lady. You know your Uncle George and I look after a lady who is all by herself. When her son was on Hospice he asked George to look after his mother. It has been 5 years now. Every 2 weeks we go to the grocery store for her, George got another lady to take her to doctor appts. etc. She called this week and her furnance went out and George had to go over to her house. I cannot go into her home, she has 4 cats and I am allergic to them so he has to be the one to go inside, but I pick groceries up and lots of cat food for the cats.
God will Bless you for looking after the elderly, that is in the Bible we are to look after the widows. You might want to stop in some other time and check on her. You don't know, the dog she walks may be all she has.
God Bless,
Aunt Julie