Monday, November 24, 2008

Money Saving Monday

I'm pretty happy about my shopping this week. I feel like all the work I've been doing clipping coupons, using them and stocking up on supplies is starting to pay off.

This week, CVS had a deal where you buy 3 American Express gift cards then you get 10ECB and a $15 mail in rebate for a gas card. Well, I purchases 3 $25 gift cards (I did have to pay a handling fee...but it still worked out in my favor). I then used those gift cards to go grocery shopping this week. I also have 10 more ECB to use during CVS's black Friday event:-)

I was just shy of $30 under my budget this week (can I get a woot woot! Well...I did go and buy frozen chic breast and ground beef at Sams, but that put me right at my budget and will last me several weeks). I saved $51.51 at publix. This was a 40% savings:-) There weren't any crazy wonderful deals, but I had lots of coupons for items that were bogo.

This was the best deal:
Bird's Eye Voila family meals $4.69 BOGO
I bought 4 (paid for 2) I had 2 $2/2 Q
So I got 4 meals for just over $1.00 a piece
There is also a mail in rebate for a free Charlie Brown movie when you purchase 3 meals:-) So, 4 dinners and a movie for less than $5.00...not bad.

Well, I'm looking forward to CVS shopping this week. Their "black Friday" stuff starts on Thursday (yes I know it's Thanksgiving, but I'll be there and back before anything needs to go in the oven). I have $40 in ECB and a $10 off $50 purchase and $5 off $25 purchase. Maybe another one will print that day. Not to bad, huh? I don't know what I'm going to get besides a waffle maker for myself, haha.

So...anyone else have a good grocery week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your new blue background! :0) All I have to say is I hope Rite Aid has as good of a program (or close to it) as CVS. Maybe you can help me figure it out when you're up here. i did go to the iheartrideaid website, but got kind of confused and didn't find anything especially helpful on there. I didn't spend much time on there though, so I'll have to give it another go. Oh, and walgreens is just as close to me as CVS, so maybe they're worth checking into too. I can't believe the savings you're having!

Oh, I remembered something I was going to ask you on the phone earlier. Have you been reading anymore of Stepping Heavenward? I'm thru ch. 3 now...kind of a slow start. Also, did you ever get into Pilgrim's Progress? I know you probably have little time to read (as do I) but I was just curious!

-Tiffy