Friday, November 21, 2008

Tagged by...well, several people

My friends Jennifer, Teri and Jen K. tagged me. I'm suppose to share the following information about my husband. Here it goes...

1. Where did you meet? In the parking lot at church before our college group went to Busch Gardens for the day. Our mutual friend Michelle told me a new guy was going to be there and asked me to introduce myself and make him feel welcomed. We ended up becoming good friends for several years before we started dating, although I have to admit...I was smitten immediately

2. How long did you date? 1 1/2 year before we got engaged. We were engaged for 5 months

3. How long have you been married? 5 very wonderful years!

4. What does he say that surprises you? That I'm a great mom.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes...especially when he smiles

6. What is your favorite quality of his? His integrity. His desire to walk uprightly, let his yes be yes and bring Glory to His Father in Heaven

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Babe

8. What is his favorite color? Red

9. What is his favorite food? Most anything with cheese, pistachio pudding, cow tails, sunflower seeds

10. What is his favorite sport? He enjoys both playing and watching sports (however he doesn't get to watch very often). He likes to play men's softball and flag football and does Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii count? And he likes to watch football (especially with Nicole)

11. When and where did you first kiss? In front of AVI when he was dropping me off at my car. I've been married now 5 years, so I guess I can't get in trouble for this...it was our first real date:-)

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? If he were answering this, he would say sitting by the fire talking...but for me, it would be sitting on the pier talking:-) I guess the location doesn't matter much, it's that we are together.

13. Do you have any children? 2 beautiful little girls, Nicole 2, and Hannah 6 months (you should know that by now:-)

14. Does he have a hidden talent? I'm not sure if this is a talent, but he can bend his thumbs all the way backwards...

15. How old is he? 27

16. Who said, "I love you" first? He did, on the couch at AVI, I didn't say it back for almost a month...I was scared to.

17. What is his favorite type of music? He likes most anything that gives glory to God. Sometimes he likes to sit back and listen to hymns by Red Mountain Church and other times he's bumpin down the road with rap or hard rock (Toby Mac, Cross Movement or LeCre). We even had a little stint with country music a few years ago. He spends a lot of time listening to sermons by John Piper, Paul Washer, John MacArthur, Leonard Ravenhill and me reading C.H. Spurgeon.

18. What do you admire most about him? He is an incredible husband and a loving father. He works so hard to provide for our family and constantly encourages me and wants me to be a stay at home mom. I love his commitment to his family and desire to raise the girls in a home that bring Glory to God. He is so patient, kind and loving and I'm blessed to be his wife.

19. Do you think he will read this? Yes, because the posts get e-mailed to him.


Ok, so now I am tagging my friends Kim and Kirsten (all my other friends have already been tagged and posted) . You're IT! Can't wait to read all about your sweeties!

1 comment:

bcl said...

That's so funny about your first kiss! Did you read mine? Ours was on the first date too lol.