Last night I had nursery duty and was excited to be in Nicole's class. Usually, I get put with the babies, so it's a treat when I'm with Nicole. I got to serve with my friends, Jennifer and David. I think I was very little help to them, probably even a bit of a nuisance since I was just wanting to chat with Jennifer. Jennifer teaches the class every other week. Since I'm not in there often, it's so nice to see how teacher like her, and Tanya, love on the children. Children's ministry is NOT my forte. I get annoyed and frustrated to easily with other's kids (sorry:-( I don't think I could do it every week. I am happy to volunteer when needed because I so greatly appreciate the time, effort, and love these ladies (and their husbands) put into the classes.
It was fun for me to be in there last night because I got to see Nicole play with an interact with the other kids. She seems to be getting better. For a while I was worried about her because she was sort of a loner and wouldn't play with or interact with the other kids. I think it was just her age. This time around, she was pretending with other little girls and playing ball with the group. Yay!
Here's what I Really wanted to post about though. A situation arose where a little girl took off her big play jewelry ring and threw it. I picked the ring up and Jennifer (the teacher) told me to put the ring in the little girl's bag. Well, the little girl was none to happy and threw a big fit. Bless her heart. She was crying and begging me not to put it away. We assured her she would get it back and it was in her bag, but this did not help. She went over by herself and cried for a while. I went back and sat down with the group and looked at Nicole. She looked at me, very concerned, and then back at the little girl, then back at me again. Her eyes got a little watery and she even poked her lip out a bit. Then, she went back to playing roll the ball again. About 1 or 2 minutes later, Nicole got up from the group and went over to the little girl (who was no longer crying, just moping). Nicole bent over, put her hands on her knees and said, " Little girl, why you crying?" (She was incredibly sympathetic) The little girl told her what happened, and Nicole stood there shaking her head as the little girl spoke. Then girl looked at her and said, "It'll be alright" then came back over to the group again. She looked at me one more time and smiled.
It was precious because you could see that she was concerned that this little girl was crying. She was upset that somebody was so sad. I loved seeing her compassion this way. It was adorable. And...I'm thankful Nicole didn't get mad at me and think I was a "bad guy" I told her later what a good thing she did and that I was proud of her.
So sweet....
4 comments:
She is what a preschool teacher would call "emotionally gifted!"
haha, I don't think I've ever heard that term before...is it good? ;-)
HOW PRECIOUS!!! I too am very proud of her!!
Grammy
Nicole is very compassionate, and she always has been around the children in her class. I'm glad she had the opportunity to show you that!
I'm sorry to have had to ask you to put it away; I should have done it. And, ideally, I should have taken the crown and ring to put in her bag as soon as she got there b/c they really aren't supposed to have those things. Such items always create a problem, thus the reason for the not allowing those items in the first place.
Well, we ENJOYED having you with us. Your company was a pleasure and your help with the kids was much appreciated.
Post a Comment