Saturday, May 9, 2009

K-Mart doubles and triples

Today was my first experience, ever with doubling and tripling coupons. K Mart was tripling coupons that were $.75 and less and doubling coupons up to $2.00. So....here's what I got.

2 softsoap bottles ($1.50 each) with 2 $.35 (x3)
$.45 for one $.90 for 2

1 Johnson's Lotion ($5.29) with $2.00 (x2)
$1.29 (this was a splurge!)

4 Colgate kids toothpaste (1.29) with 4 $.75 (x3)
$.04 for one!!! $.16 for all four

4 Skintimate shave gel $2.89 with 4 $.75 (x3)
$.64 for one $2.56 for all four

1 Oral B toothbrush $2.19 with $.75 (x3)
Free (wish there were more)

4 Huggies wipes $2.50 with 4 $.75 (x3)
$.25 for one $1.00 for all four

1 Cottonelle moist wipes $ 4.19 with $.75 (x3)
$1.94 (this was a mistake. I thought the wipes were $3.00, if I would have paid attention to
the scanner, I would have voided this)

2 Clorox Anywhere spray $2.79 with 2 $.75 (x3)
$ .54 for one $1.08 for both (this was also a mistake. I got the kind you spray on furniture.
Anyone want to swap for one with a Clorox Anywhere?)

2 Bisquick $3.69 with $.60 (x3)
$1.89 for one $3.78 for both (I go through bisquick pretty fast and they aren't BOGO at
Publix very often, so this was a decent deal for me)

3 Sparkle Paper towels (3 pack) $2.99 with $.50 (x3)
$ 1.49 for one $4.47 for 3


My merchandise total was $74.93
I used $57.44 in coupons (and doubles and triples)
Paid $17.49 out of pocket.

I didn't have the $5/$50 Coupon :-( or else my total would have went down to $12.49. If I wouldn't have bought the lotion and cottonelle wipes, I would have been below $10. Not to shabby. I was pretty excited. It was fun doubling and tripling coupons.


btw....Jeremy and the girls went with me. Jeremy was extremely patient and watched the girls while I bargained shopped. We did have one mishap. They were in the garden section when Nicole slipped (again) on a puddle and got completely wet and muddy. So we had to impulse by a new outfit and undies (the undies were on sale though $4.00 for a 9 pack). I made him ring those up separately so it wouldn't affect my bargain shopping receipts, haha. Nicole was fine and just suffered a wet bottom for a few minutes. I was extremely grateful for Jeremy's help. He's the best!

8 comments:

Teri said...

Great deals, Michele. That Clorox anywhere and the bisquick were good ones. Did you get the bisquick from your aunt's coupons?

Teri said...

Oh...and Jeremy, you rock for going with her to Kmart.

Michele said...

Yes I did (get bisquick from my Aunt) Those Qs came in so very handy. I got the wrong Clorox anywhere though...do you want one?

Amanda said...

Yay for new outfits! Good job, Nicole!

I need to fall in some puddles.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, that's truly amazing! Does it take you forever to plan out what you want and find all the coupons?

Stephanie

Michele said...

Stephanie...for this trip, i just gathered what I thought would be a good deal and I had numerous coupons for. This was a last minute deal I thought I'd try.

Grocery shopping...my best weeks are the weeks I put time into the planning, researching and organizing of coupons. It takes a couple of hours (usually spread throughout the week of course. I don't usually get 2 hours all at the same time! ha). Publix has great sales, so when I match Qs with sales and stockpile, I've really learned to save a lot. I'm averaging about $70 less per week than I was 6 months ago (although I am seeing food prices a bit cheaper now).

I also do CVS, and this takes a bit of time and planning as well. It's fun though. And, as a stay at home mom, I think my time planning is well worth it. I feel like I'm actually helping the family budget instead of blowing all the money! haha

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shelly! That's great!

-Tiffy

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so glad everyone knows I brought Michele coupons down from Ohio on the plane....get this. When George seen them, his commit was, no wonder the luggage weighted so much...look at all those coupons and I dragged them through the airport.
Well Michele, saving them again and this time....hahahaha, your mom gets to drag coupons back to you. She will be here this Wed. in Lancaster and she will get another stack of coupons to bring back to you, again from Ohio.
I am sooooooo glad I get to help you save $$$$ Maybe with some of this savings will help bring you all up here to visit. I am sure everyone up here would love to see you all.
Alya, Josh was at your grandparents last night. Dad called and told me, Josh is down here and you need to come over and see him...we had a nice visit. For anyone reading this, Josh is Michele's cousin and they are 19 days apart.
God Bless and Love ya,
Aunt Julie