Tuesday, May 19, 2009

She gets what she asks for

Today we went to The Cracker Barrel for lunch with Grammy and Gramps. When the waitress came to take the orders, Nicole said, "I want white milk and one pancake". She knows what she wants. Well, after a while the rest of us ordered and we were on our way to a nice lunch. About 5 minutes later the watress brought out a plate full of cornbread and biscuits. Nicole became concerned and said, "No, no, I want pancakes". After being reassured this was not her lunch she was satisfied to continue coloring.

About 5 or 10 minutes after that the manager came walking around and stopped at our table. She asked if we needed anything and Nicole said, "I want my pancake!" She was polite, but you could hear the slight attitude of demand in her voice. The manager went straight back to the kitchen, and a minute later brough Nicole her pancake! hahaha. We all got a good laugh. I wish I would have asked for my chicken tenders too:-)

Last week we were at lunch with just grammy and we decided to be mean to Hannah and offer her a lemon (sorry Hannah). She happily obliged (if you know one thing about Hannah, she never turns down food, at least not at first). I wish I would have gotten the first several reactions on video. But, here are the last two. They were taken from my camera phone so the quality isn't great and they are short. Enjoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, One pancake...when you went out to Bob Evan's with mommy, Hannah, Uncle George and I you ate several pancakes. They were mini's but you ate several.

That is too funny, she knows what she wants and when she wants it.
The lemon is too funny, Hannah you are so cute!!

Love ya all!!
Aunt Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh, pancakes! Don't all kids love them? I know Logan can eat 4-5 full size ones himself. Hannah looked like she liked the lemons or she wouldn't have kept going back for more. She is just so sweet...Nicole of course is too :)