Here is our series of events....
Hannah goes to bed a bit earlier than normal (next year, she can participate)
We watch....
Mary Poppins

One of our favorite scenes. We both like the chimney sweep scene, the chalk drawing scene, and the laughing room.
While watching Mary Poppins, we do the following...

First Nicole paints her own toenails

Then she paints her fingernails

Then she paints MY toe nails and fingernails. She was very tired and very into the movie last night, so she only painted 3 of my toenails, I had to finish them off.

Then, we eat our popcorn and cookies

A lovely picture of the two of us.

She was pretty sleepy last night, so we just laid and watched the movie for most of the time. She was determined to make it through. And She did!

Before going to bed, she found a pair of panty hose. Since I almost never wear such things, she didn't know what they were. She thought she'd try them on for size.

We ended the night by reading some of the Bible together and falling asleep in bed. I enjoyed every moment of it. It was fun to listen to her get excited all day in anticipating of our "Girls Night". I hope this is always a special tradition when daddy is gone.
5 comments:
What an absolutely lovely night! Awww...it totally makes me want to watch Mary Poppins with Hunter! Sans toe painting, of course. But maybe we could pretend shoot the rabbits in the cartoon scenes or something instead. Hmmm....
You totally should Teri. Maybe "next time" we'll just have a mom and me movie night and you guys can come over. Nicole got up and did the roof top dance too. She just loves it.
What a special wonderful evening with your daughter, thank you for sharing.
God Bless!!
Aunt Julie
This post made me excited about future "girls night" with Libby. I love Mary Poppins. I also love that you let her paint your toe nails, that is awesome.
Carly....it's the coolest thing to be able to do with your daughter. I look forward to it.
And...the nail painting...she's actually quite good. :-)
Post a Comment