Friday, August 21, 2009

My funny little girls

Hannah has discovered a much more fun and messy way of eating. Rather than using utensils of any kind or just scooping with her hands, she figures she'll "take out the middle man" and just lick everything straight out of the bowl or off the plate. Here is a demonstrations this morning with her oatmeal.





It's quite a mess...but also quite adorable! Last night at Jeremy's softball game, I gave the girls some crackers as snacks. Near the end of the game, Hannah was taking the crackers and neatly laying them out on the ground. I figured she wasn't hungry anymore and just wanted to play. After about 10 crackers were neatly laid on the ground, she layed down in front of them and proceeded to lick them off the ground! (Of course I quickly stopped her...but I think she may have gotten one cracker). Once again, quite a mess....quite gross...but also quite adorable:-)


This morning as I was taking pictures of Hannah licking her bowl clean, Nicole asked me to take a picture of her playing in her "home".

Funny story....the other night I was at a meeting at church and Jeremy was home with the girls. He and Nicole were playing hide seek. He was hiding when the phone rang. He decided rather than give up his great hiding place, he would just let it ring and whoever it was could leave a message. Nicole had other plans. Here is the phone call Jeremy heard...

Nicole: Hello....No, no, no.....my my my mommy isn't home, she's shopping.
(lays the phone down) Daddy, ready or not, here I come!

So...if you have a solicitor who is bugging you every evening, invite Nicole over, she'll take care of them for you:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so, so cute. :)

-Amanda

Anonymous said...

That's so funny..the girls are quite entertaining. The way you wrote what Nicole said was great...I could actually hear her little voice in my head...lol. Can't wait to see you guys!!! :)

-Tiffy

P.S. Nicole's bathroom story also made me chuckle

Oh! By the way, sorry if it seemed like I cut you off the other night when you guys were singing happy b-day to me. I totally heard the whole song, but my reception wasn't good, so I lost you. They were waiting on me so they could pray and we could eat. Sorry, very sweet though!