Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lakes Park Family Day

We had a fantastically fun day Sunday at a place we've never been. Jeremy has been working a lot on Captiva this year, and daily passed Lakes Park. We looked it up online and found that it looked like a lot of fun. We finally made it up there, because it is a bit of a drive, but it was well worth it. There were several play grounds, two water pad play areas, bike trails, and even train rides (although I don't think those were running today). We spent several hours this morning and this afternoon playing together. It was a great chance for our family to relax and have a good time together. Enjoy the pictures.


Hannah doing the rock wall


Daddy and the girls on one of the playgrounds


Nicole falling from some sort of dangling sliding toy. She was not hurt from the fall, it wasn't to far, but made for a funny picture. I think if you click on it, it'll be bigger and you can see her face better.


Like father - like daughter. If Jeremy were three...I'm pretty sure he would have spent most of his time on the splash pad in the same place Nicole did...under the mini water fall.


Hannah playing in the water....we have a ton of water pictures...I just had to pic a couple. These girls love the water!

After water play, we rented a surrey...I think that's what it's called. It was a family bicycle (although Jeremy did most of the work). We spent an hour riding around the trails, stopping once for pizza and ice cream. Both girls really enjoyed it. My belly was in the way a bit so I couldn't help him peddle much...that's my excuse anyway. It looks dorky...but is was really a lot of fun. We laughed much of the way.

Someone had to take the picture, so I'm missing, but my seat was behind Nicole.

Hannah fell asleep on the last half of the ride. Hopefully I can move the video so it appears below...if not, it'll be at the end of the post. It's quite funny.


After we came home to relax, we headed back out and went to the pool for a little while before dinner. The girls got new bathing suites we tried out, with padding in them to help them float. It worked well for Nicole, but not so much for Hannah. It's ok though...she was pretty darn cute.

Ah...I couldn't move the video. You'll have to watch dear little Hannah being lulled to sleep by the bumpy trails



So...that was our very fun family day. I'm thankful we had such a great day before the week kicks into gear again.

3 comments:

Beth H said...

I was thinking that Lakes Park would be a great visiting place today too. We were actually on Sanibel visiting friends! Looks like a fun time. Thanks for the preview.

Michele said...

Dexter would love it Beth. You guys should definitely go sometime:-)

Amanda said...

Hannah looks sooo tall and grown up! It looks like a fun day. I bet it was hot! Way to go, Momma!