Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Decorations...Part 1

Yesterday we took the family out Christmas tree shopping.  Nicole and Hannah both had fun running in between trees in the Home Depot parking lot.  *side note* One year, I want to go to a REAL Christmas tree farm, pick out my tree and chop it down....you think that'll ever happen?

(see Nicole with her fingers in her ears?  The chainsaw was "too loud")

Because of time constraints and bedtime meltdowns, we only got to put the lights up on the tree...which is why this is part 1. 

Some *exciting* things that happened along the way...
~Nathan was force-fed his first chocolate chip cookie...courtesy of a very sweet 18 month old sister who doesn't understand why he can't eat it yet.  At least she was sharing.
~ Hannah Loves the multi-colored Christmas lights....so much so that she thinks they should be eaten.  Yeah...she was "eating" the lights and made half the strand go out.  Luckily no one was hurt and Jeremy was able to fix it.  Oye...this girl:-)


~Nicole was incredibly concerned that the Christmas tree would fall off the van and kept telling Jeremy to "drive slower".
~The girls made lots of people laugh while trying on silly Santa hats and letting out excited giggles over all the decorations at Home Depot.

~Nathan got attention of his own as he was ever so snuggly cradled in my moby wrap.  I'm tempted to lie about his age, because I know people think I'm crazy to be out of the house with a newborn.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Michele you look fantastic! I can't wait to meet your new addition, but I think I will get over this cold first! I wish I was at the stage of family that you are in your life. Where you probably go to bed and are asleep before you hit the pillow. Oh the lovely chaos.

Amanda said...

Seriously girl. Putting up the Christmas tree this year was a nightmare! Maryn had all this styrofoam popcorn stuff strewn everywhere and she was picking each piece apart and trying to eat it. Styrofoam! Ugh. Memories!

So...good job to you for doing all that! I'm all about the fake pre-lighted trees!

Michele said...

Amanda...my real tree doesn't have styrofoam! :-) I never had a real tree until our first year of marriage. It was exciting for me. Now, every year after Christmas I ask if we can buy a fake one (on sale of course) but Jeremy just won't have it. So...we do a real one. So far it's been ok, and we don't have tall ceilings, so we really don't spend to much money on it.

Anyway...Jen...hang in there a few more months:-)