Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

This year we had fun celebrating Christmas three different times.

Once in the morning amongst our little family of 5
Once later that day with Jeremy's family, including his sister Tiffany and her family, and granny
And, once the next day with my family, including my little brother and his fiance and my grandpa and his wife.  All three celebrations were filled with fun and family...they were great!

At home

We have tried not to go overboard with gifts.  In the past few years, we usually had a big gift for Nicole (a swing set one year I got for 50% off on black friday, a kitchen set we bought from our neighbors, etc).  This year we didn't really have a "big" item in mind, and we knew Hannah would be aware of what was going on.  Nicole's "special" gift was a digital camera! haha.  It's actually a kids camera, but it takes pictures you can upload onto your computer and it even takes videos too.  She likes to use our camera, so now she has one of her own that can take a beating if needed.  She also got some books and puzzles we bought at a children's consignment store.  Hannah got a little toy car, more puzzles and books too.  Then, the girls also got a game.  But, I think the "best" present for Hannah was the cow tail in her stocking (it's a creamed filled caramel type candy.

 Eating her cow tail

 
 Nicole opening her camera

 
This is the game the girls opened together. 

At Grammy & Gramps

In the early afternoon, we headed over to Jeremy's parents house.  Tiffy, Chris, Seth and Susannah were down for a visit for about a week, and we got to spend Christmas day with them, and Granny...Jeremy's grandma.  We had a  yummy lunch, opened presents, played games, watched football and just had a nice time visiting. 

 Nicole, excited about all the presents
 
This picture is simply to prove that Hannah does indeed have a beautiful smile:-) 


Jeremy got a football for Christmas and decided it was time for Nate to learn how to hold the ball. 

At Yaya & Papas
Saturday, we spent most of the day at my parents house.  We had another yummy dinner, opened more gifts, watched more football, and played an exciting game of Pictionary.  My little brother was down and it was great to see him!  He spent time playing with the kids and we enjoyed hanging out with him and Erica, his fiance (less than two months until they get married).  My grandpa and his wife Dolores also came over. 


 Uncle Justin and Nicole

 
 Justin and Jeremy always get a similar gift and this year it was this.  I don't know what they are...some sort of scary looking tool.  It's a guy thing I think.

 
 Goldie also enjoyed celebrating.
 


 Don't tell her she's not a reindeer.  She won't believe you!

From the grandparents and family, the kids got lots of arts and craft supplies (play-doh, paint, paper, and other assorted things), more books, and some fun toys.  I would venture to say that this was one of the best holidays ever.  It was fun to watch Nicole and Hannah open their gifts (small piece by small piece), we got to spend a lot of time with our whole families, and everyone was in great spirits.    I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well!

3 comments:

Mama Pat said...

Poor little kids, didn't get a thing. I feel so sorry for them.Haha, and I love the picture of Nat and the football. So cute. Looks like you had a really great Christmas, and I am so happy for you all. Love to all of you.

Amanda said...

I LOVE Hannah's smile!!! She is soooo gorgeous.

Michele said...

I just realized that I forgot to post a picture of the gift I made for the girls...I'll have to do that later.