Saturday, December 5, 2009

Daddy/Daughter date to....

Home Depot...where else?

Jeremy has been looking forward to taking Nicole to the kids workshop that Home Depot hosts the first Saturday of each month.  He has been talking it up all week to her and I believe it was even better than he hoped.  The two of them met their buddies, Bryan and Peyton, for a morning of building fun. 

Nicole & Peyton

Nicole was given an orange Home Depot apron and materials to make a wagon, with the help of her daddy.  The kids are also given a pin to put on their aprons.  Jeremy said there were some kids with their aprons full of pins....I'm quite certain he wants Nicole (and later Hannah and Nathan) to have their apron full of pins:-)




She even sat on Santa's lap for the first time (she just learned about who Santa was yesterday.  We don't really talk about him, but there's no hiding her from it, so she might as well have an idea of who he is and why she sees him everywhere right now).  Jeremy said he heard the other kids asking for iPods, iPhones, Batman caves(???) and other various items.  I don't think Nicole asked for anything... I don't think she knew to, haha. 

I loved how excited these two were to spend the morning together.  Hannah was a bit upset she wasn't invited, but she's just not big enough yet (although we all know she *thinks* she is).  I look forward to hearing about many other fun times these kids have with their daddy...all by themselves.  It's so important, and so special.  I'm thankful my children have a father who love them and treasure them so much. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so.......cute.... I love there orange apron, they look so smart, and the focus on Nicole's face, she was really into it. She was having such a great time and to be there with Payton was even more special. I know Jeremy had a great time watching, sure hope she gets her vest full of pins. Excellent daughter and daddy time.

Anonymous said...

This makes me smile! How sweet! :) I'll have to check and see if any Home Depot's around here to that. That would be really fun for Seth and Chris too I bet.

Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

Tiffy

grammy said...

What special times for Nicole and her daddy :)... she looks soooo proud holding her Home Depot Certificate!!
Precious memories that will last a lifetime,
Grammy

Amanda said...

This is pretty much the cutest blog post I've ever seen. That picture of Nicole and Peyton is adorable and absolutely must be put in a scrapbook, on the wall, in an album, or something!