Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hair Bow Holder

We really don't have as many hair bows, head bands and clippies as most families with two young girls.  I guess that's partly my fault.  I'm not a bow kind of girl...but, my girls like them (if only for 5 minutes).  Keeping your hair bows organized and off the floor is an annoying task.  But, there are some crafty moms who have come up with some great ideas.  The problem is, for me anyway, that these crafty ideas are expensive.  Here is a hair bow holder that is $70!!!!  That's a bit over kill for me...especialy since we own about $5.00 in hair accessories.  There are also more simple versions, like these.

Yesterday though, I needed a quick fix for some new hair accessories in our home.  I did a quick search and decided to make my own little bow holder.  I used an animal plaque that we already have in the kids' bathroom, and two piece of ribbon from my ribbon stash....and some hot glue.  That's it.  It's not perfect, it's not professional, but it'll work for now.

Nicole had fun helping me too.  She had never seen me use a hot glue gun.



We made two loops....one is sort of a "hill", and the other is an actual loop at the end to put the headbands through.  Now, I need to think of a way to put rubber bands on there and knit headbands.  Maybe with a button?

No comments: