Seeewwwwww.....I'm doing a lot of sewing right now and having a lot of fun and trying new things and having a lot of fun (did I already say that in my run-on sentence?)
Sew....I made curtains for the kids' room (will post pics this weekend). I am THRILLED!!!! They look super great! I am making a few more casserole carriers as gifts...and ?maybe? to try to sell? I have a few changes I am making to make them nicer. I am hopefully going to make the girl's matching dresses tomorrw. This will be a challenge for me because I don't like patterns.
BUT...I have a problem. I am dumping way to much money at the fabric store. More than I expected...there were a few things I needed, and a few I thought would be helpful (like a marker that disappears in a few hours....really great when you are making little marks and measurements). AND...I've just discovered that I will need 3 packages of bias tape for my casserole carriers and matching oven gloves or hand mitts. Sew....I need to go back again tomorrow. I mean...I'm not dumping hundreds of dollars or anything...just more than I thought I would for these projectss. Like lots of little dollar or two items (like bias tape and rick rack and scraps to practice on)
I had a little personal sewing class the other day. The lady who gave me my machine (out of the kindness of her heart...thank you Lord for that blessing). If you live in the area and want classes, I'll pass on her info to you. She's super sweet and I learned a lot in a short amount of time. And...I e-mail her all the time with questions and pictures. She's great.
There are a few of you who know why I am sewing right now...please do NOT allude to them in my comments. I appreciate it...thanks! I'll share more later!
Ummmm...well, no pictures, I'll post in a few days when I have more projects done:-)
4 comments:
Cool! I can't wait to see pictures!
Do you get the Joann fabric booklet? If you sign up for it you will start getting coupons that will help you with the material. You get 40% off the cost with the length of material you buy. By that I mean if you get 4 yards, you will get 40% off the 4 yrds that amounts to quite a big savings. Sometimes they have more coupons for patterns and other things that will help you out on your buying.
Take care, and can't wait to see you. Love you all.
Mama Pat...thanks for the tip. Yes, I do get their coupons. In fact, I got 50% off my denim for the kids' curtains. I was pretty excited about that. It's all those little cheapy items that get me! hehehe. See you soon. Love ya!
Now I'm intrigued by your reason for sewing...
Post a Comment