Saturday, April 10, 2010

Update on Nathan

Nathan just may be (right now...today...I don't know what tomorrow will bring), my most laid back baby yet.  Yes, he cries....Yes, he get's mad....but he's also full of smiles and laughs.  It's pretty easy to make him stop crying, just look at him and make a funny noise (ok, or feed him).  But, this little boy just LOVES to laugh.  He likes to play with balls (yay!!!).  He sucks on his fingers, on his thumb and on his paci...but most of the time just for fun.  He'll fall asleep with a paci in his mouth maybe 50% of the time.  The other times, he'll spit it out and suck on his finger, or nothing at all.

He likes to watch TV, especially baseball.
He especially likes to wear eye black while watching baseball.

He LOVES his sisters.  Hannah and Nicole both can make him laugh and are always loving on him, or trying to anyway, sometimes it may not come across as love:-)  He will totally chill out laying on the floor both on his tummy and on his back.

He is finally capable of riding in his car seat.  The ability to keep a paci in his mouth has helped, but he also is fine without it a lot of the time.  This is a HUGE change from even a month ago, when he would scream the E.N.T.I.R.E time in the car, now he just cries sometimes.

Nathan can roll over from his tummy to his back.  He's close to rolling from his back to tummy, but I don't think he really cares either way.

Nathan still does not like to eat food.  It's the most horrible part of his day if I decide to give it another go.  I've only tried that yucky oatmeal and applesauce.  I think I might try some peas soon....maybe he doesn't like sweets (so sad if that's the truth).

Nate adores his daddy and nearly lept out of my arms to him yesterday when he came home from work.

He's simply a pretty cool little baby.  He loves to be held and simply melts in your arms, but he also likes to be in the middle of the action.  I feel like the most important person in the world when he looks at me, so I'm going to simply enjoy that feeling, because I know all too soon it will pass and he'll think I'm an annoying meddling mother who won't let him get a motorcycle :-)

I love my Nate.  I love to look at him, to feel him breathe.  I love to tickle him and kiss his little neck where it makes him laugh.  I love listen to him talk and watch him swat and kick at balls.  I find that I am enjoying him more than I did the girls.  I think I spend less time with him than I did with them (mostly because I think I wipe little butts all day long, at least that what it seems like right now).  But, the undivided, quality time I get with him is priceless.  I just adore this little boy!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I just cannot help but smile and laugh when I see that kid!!! I love him, too!!! Those pics of him with the applesauce on his face are priceless. After looking at those there is no denying that eating solids is not his favorite activity!
It's so great to see how much you are enjoying him! :)
I'm STILL smiling from those pictures and I'm not even looking at them as I type this....

Jennifer said...

Awww what a sweet post!