Did you know
That a piece of Hair
Could do
THIS!!!!
I spent 6 hours today between the pediatrian's office and the ER trying to get whatever what wrapped about Nathan's toe, cut off. What we are assuming was hair, was found this morning about 11am. I went to the Dr. office after I couldn't get the hair cut...even with the help of Valerie. The doctor was able to get a portion of it off, but it broke, while there was still a piece wrapped around his toe.
So, she told us we needed to go the Emergency Room, because they would have more tools available to help cut the hair out. Poor little Nate.The hair was wound SO tight...it was SO deeply embedded in his skin, his toe was SO super swollen that it took 4 tries, 5 hours, countless tears...and we still are not 100% sure that the hair is gone. We left the ER around 6:00 and decided to watch his toe tonight and see how it looked in the morning. We are hoping that the swelling will go down and his skin color will return to normal. If the swelling is worse and his color is still really red, then I'll have to take him to another doctor.
Crazy...isn't it? I seriously NEVER knew this could be such a difficult thing to fix! I am almost positive that we got the hair the last time the doctor worked on it this afternoon. His toe looked much better just before bed time...however...I found another piece of hair starting to wrap it's way around. Obviously, I got that one removed...but it's crazy. That's the only word I can think of...crazy!
***Update***
I feel like Nathan's toe is better this morning. He has a laceration around his toe from the hair and from the hair removal process. But, I don't think there is anymore hair wrapped around his toe. His color looks better and although it is still swollen...it looks like it is decreasing. He has let me touch his toe today without screaming and he is playing, crawling, and standing just fine. Whew....what a crazy day!
This picture was this morning in the car. I feel like the picture makes it look worse than it is. But, oh well....it's still better than it was.





1 comment:
Oh my goodness, Michele! That is the weirdest thing. I know I've seen my own hair get stuck around my babies' toes or whatever, but wow. I can imagine that it could get pretty tight. But WOW. I'll be praying this never, ever happens again and that you have a PEACEFUL weekend, poor mommy!
Post a Comment