One afternoon last week, we needed something to do and so we pulled down Nicole's science experiment kit. If you watched the video of Nicole at school last week, you will see the "fruit" from our little science time...but we had some cool pictures too.
The first experiment was determining what would clean a penny, regular water, or lemon juice.
The girls both observed the dirty penny,
made a hypothesis, conducted the experiment and drew a picture of what actually happened.
As you can see...the acid in the lemon juice cleaned the penny. This was neat because the middle of the penny didn't get juice on it because of the curvature of the test tube...so you could really see a before/after effect.
Then, we made the volcano. I didn't realize what a hit it was going to be. Since then, I've gone through half a box of baking soda because we keep making them! haha.






2 comments:
OK, so blogger recently changed how I upload pictures and I -No-Like! Somehow I missing the cool picture of the volcano overflowing.
Anyone else write on blogger having problems too?
I know, it's weird but I think once you get the hang of it, it gets easier than it was before. I noticed the last pic I choose usually doesn't load, so I always have to go back and do that one.
Post a Comment