Hannah had her two month appointment yesterday (even though she's really 10 weeks...WOW!!!). She is looking great. She was 23 1/2 inches long and 12lbs 1 oz. Not to bad for 2 1/2 months. The Dr. was really happy with how she interacts (I guess she was watching me play with her while I was in the waiting room) and with how she's holding her head up. Yay Hannah...A+. On a scary note....while I was getting Hannah ready to leave, the little girl in the room next to us started having a seizure. The poor mom was screaming on her phone (to her husband?) and I heard the Dr. asking the nurse for help. It really shook me up. I just stood in there and prayed for her until things settled down a bit. How scary! I've seen our dog have a seizure...I would hate to see one of my daughters have one!
As far as me...today is a better day. I don't feel so much like I'm going to collapse into a total breakdown. My suitcase is still unpacked, I've decided to just grab my clothes from there instead of my drawers for the next week....haha..just kidding. Nicole is in a better mood today and we had fun this morning making cupcakes. She is still wetting her pants. The Dr. said I just need to start over with her and pretend like potty training is just beginning. It's making me crazy, but this is suppose to be one of the hardest parts of toddlerhood, right? I put her down for her nap at 12:30 today...it's now almost 2:00 and she still isn't asleep...constantly having to go "peepee"...but she's not actually going. She is a little girl who needs sleep...so I'm pretty insistent on naps.
Oh...she's finally figured out how to take off and put back on, her own underwear. This is making potty times (and now nap time) even more interesting and fun. Oye! We have a camera in her room so I can watch her not sleeping on our TV...it's actually pretty entertaining. Probably the best thing that's been on our TV in a while:-)
Hmmm....I guess that's it today. Little Hannah is sleeping right now too. She's just "Happy Hannah" as my Mama Pat calls her.
5 comments:
Hey Michele..sounds like you need me to come visit you again :) How is tomorrow early like 10? We can sit and talk about adult things and let Nicole play in her pool and pour water on our feet! I'll bring a special tea lemonade mix! Let me know if that would be good! I'm posting this on your facebook...to make sure you get it
Hi Michele, sounds like your day is going a lot better..and have I ever told you that you really have a way with words and putting your feeling out there. I think that is so great...Don't feel like your potty time has went south, because I sure think it will go better and faster when you continue with it.
So glad to hear that Hanna is doing well. Guess that says a lot about her mommy and daddy...
You have two beautiful little girls and you are so blessed so just keep up the good work and God will reward you greatly with His Love, Peace and Joy.
Take care and God's Blessings.. Mama Pat....Ps.. wish I had one of those cup cakes you and Nicole baked....now you need your cake decorating tools... haha
.... are they chocolate cupcakes?? If they are save one for me :)
I'm thankful for the Lord's grace in your day today!!
Grammy
No...they're strawberry cupcakes with vanilla icing..her daddy should be happy.
Dear Sweet daughter, Gee whiz, you have NO Clue how much I Love you!! I just love reading your blogs, you are so.........free with your feelings and throughts, and have such a gift with putting your thoughts together in a story (did you take that after me)? Anyways, baking cupcakes always seems to brighten up a day, alongwith Rice crisipie treats (my favorite).Yummie....
You are a wonderful mom, the hardest most underpayed job out there, but OH...........the rewards of seeing those's girls smile at you, an do silly things that make you laugh, ponder those's memories in your heart, they will grow up so fast. I think about Sunday when Nicole kept coming to you to sing Rock a bye baby, how sweet that was! When you took Nicole to the libary, then I did your hair, and Hannah finally got to snuggle with you on your chest, O my that is pure uncondital love !!
I can surely see you nursing hanna today and falling asleep, that was a gift from God.
I am so......very Thankful you are home with the girls, they desire only the best!! I will keep you in my prayers, and always in my heart!!
You are my
sweet daughter, friend, and sister in Christ!! I truely do amire you!! Hang in there and enjoy the moments. This too shall Pass.
All my Love, Mom xoxoxoxoxox
Post a Comment