Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday at CVS

Well...I have had several friends and family ask me about my Black Friday CVS adventures. The "Black Friday" sales for CVS actually started Thursday morning. So I, along with my veteran CVS friend Teri and my "in training" friend Jami set off for CVS and opened the doors at 7 AM with an egg casserole and Turkey cookies for the employees. We had a lot of fun shopping and getting excited with and for each other. We saved so much money...it's ridiculous. Check out Teri's post. There were a lot of items that were free after ecbs...which means you get the same amount of ecbs back that you spent on the item. I walked in the door with about 40ecb and I believe $25 of coupons. Here's what I bought...



This picture is missing one of my biggest purchases. I bought myself a belgian waffle maker (it works great by the way!) I'll try to list everything else (2) bic soleil razors, (2) sally henson nail polish, (2) colgate total, (2) headphones, (1) Schick Quattro trimmer, (2) aussie hair products, (1) norelco shaver, (1) contact solution, (1) playtex, (3) G2 gatorade, (1) Maybeline foundation, (2) Loreal lip gloss, (1) Johnson's lotion, (1) Garnier Nutriste towlettes,



Now, in all honesty, most of the stuff on sale I didn't need... so it will be donated.

However, Teri gave me a tag from a Christmas Tree at a local business that collects gifts for seniors in the area who live in nursing homes and don't have family to celebrate Christmas with. I have a man, and all he requested was "mens personal items". Pretty broad. Anyway, I had a coupon for $5.00 off the norelco shaver, plus it was 50% off. So I thought I would give him that, along with items like tooth paste, shampoo, etc. What do you think?


Here are my general numbers


I purchased just under $150 in products


I spent $8.59 out of pocket (this should have been $3.59...my first transaction, I was so excited that I forgot to give the cashier enough ecb...I had another 5 to give...oh well).


I walked out with about $25 in ecb.


Here we are, after our big purchases.We figured that we spent around $14 between the three of us (again...that should have been $9 if I hadn't messed up my first deal, doh!)

5 comments:

Teri said...

No worries, sis. I've made some mistakes like that too, Like tonight, for example. When we put it in perspective, WE ARE STILL ROCKIN' CVSers!

Anonymous said...

Great job Michele! Cute pic at CVS : ) We'll take the contact solution...hehe

Michele said...

Hey anonymous...who are you? :-)

Anonymous said...

What fun, when can I join!!! You girls are a blast!! So proud of all of you!! YIPPEE!!!!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great Job saving $$$$, plus Black Friday is alot of fun. My neighbor picked me up at 3:45am and off we went shopping, our mall opened at 4:00am.
Love Ya,
Aunt Julie