Thursday, November 13, 2008
Obedience
This morning I was walking with my friend Amanda and we were talking about discipline (a matter, she hasn't fully visited as her sweet baby is just short of two months old). Nonetheless...she was a good sounding board for me. One thing we talked about was how difficult it is to be consistent in disciplining obedience. Often times, someone on the outside might think it's silly that Nicole get disciplined for something, however they may not realize that she is being disciplined for disobedience. Now is the time in her life that Obedience is our major issue. Obedience is obeying an instruction immediately and with a happy heart. Our main issue has been the immediacy of obedience. Anyway....this article on Girl Talk encouraged me. She struggled for 2 hours for her 2 year old to eat a piece of toast...trivial and even silly to most...but to her, it was a struggle of authority and disobedience. I just wanted to share for my other mama friends out there:-) Be encouraged....you (we) are not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks Michele! It's so hard to be consistent AND patient AND loving while disciplining. I struggle so much with this. Great little article.
Michelle - you are right. At this stage of the game we are really helping to fashion their hearts. If they don't learn at a young age obedience, it will be much harder as they get older. I have also found it interesting to see the correlation to children submitting to their parent’s authority and how that impacts you as an adult in submitting to God. If you never learned to submit to the authority in your life, then it is much harder to submit to God and what His plan is for your life.
I agree with you completely! I've noticed myself the times when I let up on being consistent...usually when I'm on the phone or distracted with something that I need/want to do. Consequently, I have tried to make an effort to limit all those distractions as much as I can right now. I guess to me it's like an investment, an investment of my time in my children. A MOST precious investment! I pray that sooner than later my children will hear God's voice and that they will obey Him immediately!
Post a Comment