Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Weekend

We had a GREAT weekend...well, Sunday together as a family. Saturday Jeremy had a side job most of the day for a friend and I went rollerblading first thing. Then we had church, so we didn't have a lot of time all together. However, that was made up for on Sunday. In my eyes...it was a perfect day.


We woke up to a beautiful "cold" front. (I know, I know...some of you would say cool) It was in the 50s probably by the time we got out of the house around 9:00. We took a walk up to Dunkin Donuts. As you can see by this photo ...we were bundled:-) Hannah fell asleep in the stroller. I think she really likes to be bundled. She gets all cozy and falls asleep almost every time. Anyway...we walked to Dunkin Donuts for a nice healthy breakfast (yeah right). We had to cross a major intersection to get there. Once across, I noted how much bird poop there was on the sidewalk from the birds that sit on the stop light polls (they weren't above us on the way there, they were across the interesection). Well...of course, since I have the big mouth, on the way back the birds moved and were sitting above us as we waited for the lights to change so we could cross. Yep...I got pooped on!!!! (Side note, tonight I had my jacket on and Nicole looked at me and said "mommy, bird poop" hahaha It had already been washed, but she knew that was the jacket).

After donuts, we went up to the park again. This is becoming a favorite pastime of ours. We took a ball, a frisbee, and a croquet set Grammy got at a garage sale a few weeks ago. We had a blast. We ran, and tackled, and tickle, and hit things...it was great. Nicole crawled under some bleachers to get a ball, almost got stuck, and had to be coaxed out by Jeremy (we didn't get a picture in time, sorry). I've loaded a video with two segments. Jeremy and Nicole had a blast chasing and tackling each other. Nicole was worn out, and was asleep before we got home, I mean to lunch with Jeremy's parents and their friends from church.

Next Jeremy and the girls went back to his parents house to watch some football and I went grocery shopping. Unfortunately I don't have any stupendious deals to share with you. I saved $56 in coupons and sales, mostly sales. Oh...I did leave my coupon binder in my shopping cart and had to go back. The sales people were quite impressed by my binder (thank you Teri:-)

Then Jeremy and I went to Bible study...we just finished Revelation. I wish every one I know could go to this Bible study we go to on Sunday nights. It is so rich and full of such depth. It's nice to go somewhere where the Word of God is taught and it's not just fluff that "tickles your ears" like so many preachers out there. Jeremy and I then went to one of our favorite restaraunts, SilverSpoon and had a Spinich con Queso appetizer and dinner. It was nice to sit, eat dinner at a normal pace, and talk without little voices interrupting:-) We had a great time together:-)
So, anyway, I don't usually give a play by play of the weekend...but, I felt like sharing. I'm thankful for such a wonderful family. And I'm always thankful for days like Sunday...it was perfect!
Oh....I almost forgot these last two pictures. Uncle Justin came over Saturday to toss the football with Jeremy. He took a few minutes out to push Hannah. I wish I would have snapped a shot of Hannah laughing. It was sweet to watch them play.
And...today my mom bought the girls matching pajamas. Nicole was so excited when I was put her jammies on. She was giggling, and thought it was really funny to have them on (they are footies and she hasn't worn those for probably a year and a half). Then we showed her the Hannah had matching jammies. At first I thought Nicole might get mad, but then she smiled and thought it was fun. Here's a cute picture.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a refreshment it is to see you guys taking time for one another... We are going over the law in the old testament in a bible study that I'm in and I was convicted this week of the 8th commandment.. "remember the Sabboth day keep it Holy"... Yikes,, how many times do I use Sunday afternoons as a catch up day.. it becomes no different than any other day of the week when we use it to do our chores etc... I'm going to work harder to rest and do NO labor on Sundays and honor that day as it was intended... I'm blessed to see your family modeling this on Sundays.
Grammy

Teri said...

Hunter and I enjoyed watching the video of Hannah playing with her Mommy and Daddy. Thanks for sharing!!

Teri said...

PS- Don't forget to checkout the website www.starfall.com!!! I'm telling you, you're gonna LOVE IT!

Amanda said...

Starfall is really good. You can also get some great links at collier's kid site at collier.k12.fl.us Just click on students and you'll get in from there. There's links to starfall and some other great ones.

Amanda said...

Sorry, here is a better way to get there. This is the link to the Pre-K websites.

http://collier.k12.fl.us/WebLessons/Students_Online/PreK.htm

Amanda said...

Sorry I'm taking up so much space on your comments! I noticed that link doesn't work. Go to collier.k12.fl.us, click on students, then click on students online (it's a globe icon). Then you can choose Pre-K or Kindergarten. You might already know that...

Michele said...

hahaha...no problem Amanda...thanks:-) I posted last night and was in awe I had 6 comments already! hehehe. Thanks for the info ladies:-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, Blessed family, who enjoy being with each other. We are so........Blessed to have such a wonderful family being part of our lives!! Love the video, and the pictures, sure would of love to of been with you when the bird pooped on you, hahahahaha, what a funny story!! Glad you and Jeremy had a great time going out after bible study, what a great way to end the weekend. I am so Glad Nicole enjoyed having the same PJ's as Hannah, what a couple of cute girls!!! Sure do Love you all very much!! Love, Mom