Friday, November 21, 2008

Quick CVS Savings

I have been dying to share this with you for several days, but I simply have not had the time to write this....hopefully I'll get it out right now (Nicole is playing with Play-doh and Hannah is trying to take a nap).

I went to CVS Tuesday night with my trusty friend Teri. We racked up!
I bought approx $125 worth of stuff.
I spent $3.35 cash out of pocket
I earned $30 in Extra Care Bucks.
So...where did the rest of the money come from that I used to buy my stuff...from coupons and ECB. I made 5 different transactions....Let's see if I can explain.


*Deal: If you buy $20 in Duracell batters, you get $15 ECB (do this deal 3x)
*I had 3 coupon for $5.00 off of two packs of batteries (therefore I got the batteries "for free
after ECB)
*I also had some little $.75 off coupons for batteries
*Deal: Buy $10 in Glade products, receive $5 ECB (do this deal 5x)
*I had a TON of Glade coupons, including several Buy One Get One Free
*Deal: Buy Loreal Age perfect cream for $15.99, get $15.99 ECB...so it was free after ECB
It would be crazy for me to actually type out my transactions (I will though if you want)...but I will detail what I got.
6 packs of batteries (3 AA and 3 AAA....all 6 packs had 16 batteries in them)
2 Glade plug in (with 2 refills in each pack)
2 Glade plug in twin pack refills
4 Glade candles
4 Glade Glass Scents
2 Glade scented oil candles
1 Deodorant
1 Loreal Age Perfect cream
I'm very excited because now I have $30 ECB for their "black Friday" event...which actually starts Thanksgiving day (guess who'll be there at 7am?)
Then, Wednesday night I took my friend Jami to CVS to show her the ropes...I think she's addicted now. She could only do the battery deal twice (because I only had two other $5/2 packs coupons), but she did the Glade deal 5 times I think. Anyway....here's a snippet of her e-mail. I'm just FLABERGASTED at the savings I saved tonight that I had to share numbers with you!!! I bought $79.27 worth of products in total spent a total of $4.58 which is a savings of $74.69 PLUS I walked out with $12 in care bucks!!! It was very fun to share the excitement with a friend. Yay!!! So...I'm set on batteries for a little while. Next week they have another great deal I can't wait for...I'll share more about that later though. OK...off to play with play-doh (don't I have a great job?)

2 comments:

The Patterson Family said...

You rock...I'm headed there tonight and hope to do a bit of the same...

Love you my friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to scope out the nearest cvs here for when you come, you may have withdrawals. Haha..j/k! I'm very impressed to hear of all your savings, and a bit envious! :) I'd like to eventually figure it out!

-Tiffy