Monday, April 20, 2009

Pray for Stellan

There is a blog by a stay at home mom that has, in essence, become famous. This lady had just a regular old blog like mine not to long ago, but it became hugely popular, in part because of some very trying circumstances in her life. She and her husband have been married 5 years, they have 4 children, 4 and under:) This summer, as she was just past halfway in her fourth pregnancy, she received devastating news...her unborn son had a serious and fatal heart condition. She was told he would die before he was ever born. Miraculously, her baby...Stellan, survived pregnancy and his birth, and all signs of his heart condition were pretty much gone. God had worked a miracle in this little life, and the life of his mother, father and brothers and sister. Recently, however, Stellan (now 5 or 6 months old) began having heart issues again. Without going into medical terminology that I don't understand, I will simply say that he has been in the hospital for about 4 weeks. He and his mother just flew to Boston a few days ago and tomorrow morning a very dangerous surgery (for a child his age) will take place on his heart. Thousands of people, all over the world, are following this story and I ask you to pray along with those people for the surgery of this sweet little baby boy. It sounds like it will take place at 8:30am EST and last about 3 hours.

Here are a few links...
This is the link is the background of Stellan's story
This is the link to her actual blog, updated often
This is the link to a news piece done on them last week in her home town of Minneapolis, MN

****************************************************
OK, I just got done typing all of that, and went to her site to link and found out that little Stellan has not been doing well. He may or may not have the surgery in the morning. Either way, if you have a few minutes to look through her blog, it's rather interesting. She is pretty real and easily shares her struggles, failures and successes. It's refreshing. So...please pray for her, her family, and little Stellan.

2 comments:

Teri said...

You explained all that really well. I've been riveted to her blog for a while, but especially in the last 4 weeks. We'll be praying big time!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the summary! I found her blog when I was pregnant and she was pregnant, too, so I have been riveted by it all as well. I just can't imagine my sweet baby hooked up to all that machinery. I'm definitely praying hard for them.