Saturday, April 11, 2009

Super Family Fun Day

Jeremy had yesterday, Good Friday off. It was greatly needed an appreciated. He has been working very very hard lately, leaving work early before the girls get up and coming home just in time for a late dinner and to put them to bed. It's hardest on Nicole because she really misses him. We had been looking forward all week to Friday. I asked Nicole what she wanted to do when daddy was home from work all day and she said, "Daddy chase me, and tackle me, and chase me more" hahaha. She just wanted to play!!!!

We started the morning by having family circle time and reading about Jesus' betrayal and journey to the cross. We wanted to be sure that we spent time reflecting on the reason we celebrate the day. Then we headed over to Dunkin Donuts for a yummy late morning breakfast of donuts and breakfast sandwhiches. Nicole LOVED eating her chocolate frosted donut with sprinkles and jelly beans. Then, we took Nicole bowling! She has never been bowling before. We invited our good friends Bryan, Brooke, Peyton and Caulder. We had a total blast. We each played two games, which was just enough for the kids. Unfortunately, our camera battery died, so I only have two pictures:-( So bummed.



We went out to eat with our friends, came home and took naps (and played Wii). After nap time, we decided to have an impromptu camp out in our backyard (which we had been promising Nicole for some time). We needed to do this soon because it's getting hot and the bugs will become overwhelming soon. So, last night was the night. Hannah slept in her crib, and the three of us slept in the tent. (For those of you worried about Hannah, our tent was right outside the back door with the monitor turned to full blast. She slept through the night and there were no problems). So, Nicole, Jeremy and I sat by the fire till near 11:00. Then we slept in the tent. I say slept...but I only got a few hours, and I think Jeremy did too. Every little noise woke me up and we are both incredibly sore from sleeping on the ground. I guess we're getting old. But, Nicole LOVED it! And that's what really counts:-)









Even Hannah got in on the action:-)



So, we had a super family fun day. It was great. Relaxing, no major issues to deal with, and fun for everything. We really enjoyed daddy being home.

No comments: