Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time Savers

I have seriously been give at least an extra hour in my day....maybe even an hour and half. Ladies and gentleman I now have a working dishwasher!!!! ***Applause*** I have been handwashing my dishes for a little over a year now. I don't think I complained much, it really wasn't a big deal. I actually sort of liked doing it. But, as Hannah gets older and with another baby on the way, the time I spent washing dishes was beginning to get the best of me. Well, it's here. I've used it for three days and tested it out well. The first night I piled ALL of the dishes into it, including pots and pans. I didn't pre-wash, just scraped the food off and loaded it. Dishes were done in minutes, and the next morning, everything was spotless....woohoo!!! Last night I had a grand idea of delay starting it. I knew the guys would be over for Bible study and I would be asleep before they were done. So, I thought I would start the washer around midnight . Grand plan, except I forgot to tell Jeremy to load up the few cups and plates used, so the dishwasher was only half full, and my sink was half full this morning too. Oh well. The delay start worked great by the way.

It's not a fancy dishwasher, just wash and go. No extra settings, no bells and whistles, but you know what it works! Great so far, and I've freed up my day a bit. I am pleased:-)

Oh, the first time I ran the dishwasher, the girls were both awake and Nicole kept asking me what that noise was (when it would turn the water on, or the jets or whatever). Even Hannah crawled over to get a better look, hehehe.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Yay! I'm so glad for you. You're a trooper and totally non-nagging wife for going without one for so long!

PS - You started your post saying that you've earned an hour more in your day...I though you were gonna say because of not doing facebook. :) How much extra time has that grabbed for you per day? I really, truly want to know as I'm about to waste the next 10-20 minutes checking it right now...for about the 4th time today!

Michele said...

Oh girl....I have so much more time between not hand washing dishes and not being on facebook. Sometimes I don't know what to do with the girls, haha. I love it...I love to be free!!!!

Ben N Jami said...

No bells and whistles??? You have DELAY START!! THAT is a bell and whistle :) tee hee. That is such a cool feature. I'm so excited for you!! Enjoy your free time. Kristina loves to help me load and unload the dish washer (in moderation of course) so now Nicole can even help you out doing that and it can be quality time for you two.

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you....this gives you more quality time with the girls. This Wed. afternoon and Thurs. morning Aunt Julie and Uncle George gets to spend sometime with the girls. Ya!! I cannot wait to see everyone. See you soon, pray for save travel and a good flight. God Bless!!
Love ya, Aunt Julie

Art Teacher said...

Woohoo for dishwashers! Our first house didn't have one and I certainly don't miss washing by hand. Please do add me to your blog favs. and I will do the same!

Amanda said...

Wow! I went a year and a half without a dishwasher and really didn't realize how inconvenient that was until I got a dishwasher. Maybe I should give up facebook, too...nope! I don't think so. :)

But maybe I should limit myself a bit more!