Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So sad...


Something destroyed and partly ate my beautiful zucchini :'-(

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry, Michele. :-(

Anonymous said...

That's just a sign of how yummy they're going to be!!!

Michele said...

haha, here's hoping Jennifer! Honestly, I was terrified that I would cut it off, slice it open and it would be hallow. I'm glad to see that the flesh actually looked really good.

Teri said...

This is such a pathetic (and really funny at the same time) picture. I'm sorry..I don't mean to be laughing. It really does stink, sister.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Michele but the before and after picture is funny. I grow lots of zucchini and yellow squash in the summer and once a zucchini gets about the size yours was, its time to pick it. Up here they can get very big very fast and then they are very bitter to eat. When the zucchini has a yellow bloom on it, you can pick the bloom and fry it up and eat it, I have never done it but have heard you can. Don't get too disappointed in the destruction of the zucchini, soon you'll have so much you won't know what to do with it...

Art Teacher said...

Oh I'm so sad for you. You need surveillance cameras in your garden to catch the culprit!

Michele said...

OK, Kirsten...that is WAYYY cool. I had no idea I could pick the blooms. I may try it. There were so pretty.

I wanted to pick it on Sunday when I found it. Jeremy wanted me to keep it "so it would get bigger" (why bigger is better always the motto with guys?)